1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim Henson on Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Convincing John, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Convincing John Well-Known Member

I wondered if anyone could help me with this...

I've seen clips on Sesame Street with a guy in them who looked like Jim Henson. I know it was him juggling in the "Sing a Song of 3" clip (with the baker), but what I'm talking about is:

A guy in snowshoes spells out ME in the snow with his footprints. (The voice is Luis, I think)

The farmer...there were a few of these. Filmed with sort of stop-motion animation, the farmer would go in and out of the farmhouse (pretty quickly) and also show "quiet" by nailing a shoe back together and "noisy" by pounding...a tree stump?...with a huge sledgehammer. I remember him doing a flip at the end of the clip.

The guy in the kayak. There's a guy paddling around in a kayak with some music (trumpet, harp and...chimes?) played over it. The guy paddles around and around and flips upside-down a couple times.

I know that Jim liked scary amusement park rides (which would make one think he might have liked kayaking) and he did ski once...not very well, but snowshoes would be easier.

Original "Everybody Sleeps" clip. It looks like Jim during the "And some sleep on the ground" line.

Does anyone remember these clips? And do you think they're Jim?

Convincing John
  2. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I do believe he made a LOT of shorts for the Street, and he starred in a lot of those. His children appeared in some of the shorts, too.
  3. MIKEB97 New Member

There was one film of a koala in a tree and the song rock-a-bye baby was played over it. If I'm not mistaken, It was Jim Henson singing the song in that film.
  4. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Jim...(maybe) in a Kayak

Thought I'd bump this up.

Watch this video and see what you think. Is Jim in this kayak? Pause it at 1:09 and there's a close-up (kind of) of the guy's face.

Of course, pause at 1:12 in , and it looks a lot like John Lennon around the Abbey Road days. That'd be cool if John did make a cameo on SS back then. After all, he was a Sesame Street fan.

Convincing John
  5. Ilikemuppets New Member

Hay, I remember that Kayak skit!!! Thank you for reminding me of that. Ah... memroies...:)

How cool is that John Lennon was a Sesame Street fan!:excited:
  6. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I always thought that was Joe Raposo singing that one....that used to upset me as a kid for some reason. LOL I NEVER liked that song
  7. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

John Lennon knew good T.V. when he saw it.. :)
  8. jellopants New Member

scary half naked bearded man/cave man skit

I have this faint memory of a skit that was kind of scary on sesame street. there was this cave man/bearded man with a loin cloth or something getting out of the water and running through the woods... what was that? Jim Henson? does anyone remember this? its faint.... thanks! talk to y' all... I am a big beatles fan too... its funny that beatle fan and muppet fan go together somehow Melisa...
  9. Erine81981 Active Member

It looks just like Jim in the kayak and when i saw "Everybody Sleeps" i also thought is that John Lennon.
  10. jellopants New Member

creepy caveman sequence...

anyone?
  11. abiraniriba New Member

you might be thinking of a small part of Jim's sketch "Timepiece"

There was an 8 minute skit that Jim made called "Timepiece" which has a caveman scene in it. There's also a Henry the eighth scene in it where Jim and a woman playing his wife devour a meal, in a very similar way to a dog nearby them.
  12. Infinity Sirius New Member

I'm definitely sure those two clips are of Jim. It's very hard not to recognize his tall profile and that beard. He probably made so many of the early clips with his kids and hismelf, because SS was till starting out back then and didn't have that big a budget.