Jim Henson on TV (Help)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What was the date that Jim Henson appeared on Ed Sullivan to perform Mahna Mahna, and does anybody have a bibliography of the appearances of Mahna, and/or of BipBipadotta (His Sesame Street alias) appearances on Sesame Street? Song list, episodes, dates, etc.

Thanks,
Foz le Kevmodeeeeeeee

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
God, I can't find it! One would think the date would be easy to find, but I am going crazy locating the date on the web.

So ... anyone know?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm still working on our article...

Here's what I've found on MC so far:

Mikealan: “Season Five Premiere (#536)-Fat Cat by Mahna Mahna-D and 2”
I have the Muppet Show version of Mahna Mahna on the Juiet Prowse episode of The Muppet Show on Time-Life Muppet Show video volume number 15. I, of course, have the original Sesame Street version of Mahna Mahna from 1969 on the Rainstorm episode from 1972 of Sesame Street Unpaved.
The different Mahna Mahna on Sesame Street wears sunglasses and sings Everybody's Song and Scratch My Back. I have the Scratch My Back song with Mahna Mahna on tape that has parts of the 1987-88 season of SS ("My first Sesame Street").
I surely do remember seeing the other different Mahna Mahna singing Fat Cat Sat Hat on Sesame Street Unpaved-episode #536 at the Museum of Television & Radio, too!

and

Mahna Mahna, who appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1970.
Danny Horn, Toughpigs.com

and

Phillip Chapman noted:
Mahna Mahna first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1968, Sesame in 1969, then the Muppet Show in 1976.

So, was the Ed Sullivan show appearance in 1970 or 1968. :confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
COOL! THANKS!!

Anybody know the date of Mahna's appearance with Sandra Bullock on Muppets Tonight? I was looking at episode guides of MT and did not see where Mahna was listed in that episode, or even Sandra doing the song. Sup?