jim henson theme park

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
have you ever dreamed that jim henson had a muppet theme park?
i have thought of a few rides.

1.Muppet Babies Carousel
2.Fraggle Rock Water Slides
3. Kermit's swamp boat ride.
4. a Labrinyth

can you think of any rides you would like to see at a theme park if jim henson's ompany opened one. i hope they do i would love to go. doesn't hurt to dream.:smile: :smile: :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Why not? The master of animation Disney has theme park franchises all over the world.
Why can't the master of puppetry have parks also?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have thought about a Jim Henson theme park since at least 1994. Since this would have been years before The Jim Henson Company sold off some of it's own properties, it would have been possible to have a replica of the Sesame Street set, a tour of Fraggle Rock, a Labrynth maze (possibly a ride), an oportunity to put shard into a Dark Crystal, and go into the homes of Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie bear, and Gonzo (similar to how people at the Walt Disney World theme parks can go into the homes of Mickey, Donald, and other characters). There could also be gift shops selling merchandise relating to obscure characters and productions (wouldn't it be cool to have a set of Sam and Friends finger puppets? Or a big, stuffed Sweetums or Doglion doll? Or a Frog Prince PVC set?). The gift shops and waiting areas could also have televisions, showing many Henson productions, including really old, super obscure stuff.

And of course, there would be walk-arounds of the various muppets.

I had this idea before I knew about Sesame Place, and I guess with Disney currently owning the muppets, we can have walk-arounds and new attractions sometime in the future.

I posted a thread like this at The Muppet Newsflash Forum two months ago. You can go there and check my thread out.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Sounds good to me.:smile:
But of course we can't forget "The Swedish Chef's Restaurant":big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
But of course we can't forget "The Swedish Chef's Restaurant":big_grin:
I've thought about having a swedish resturaunt at a Jim Henson theme park. it would serve swedish food, monitors would have clips from Swedish Chef sketches, the menu would have pictures of The Swedish Chef, and a walk-around of The Swedish Chef would aften come into the resturaunt to pose for pictures and sign autographs.

A Charlie's Resturaunt would also be a cool addition (is there one at Sesame Place?).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
A Charlie's Resturaunt would also be a cool addition (is there one at Sesame Place?).
I dont think so. But then again, when you get a group of 13 year olds (yes...about 10 of us went) in a place like that, your bound to miss things. But what I wa suprised was that all the resturaunts close at really early times. We went to 3 different places and finally found this food court like place that reminded me of a school cafeteria. Man, i wish I still lived in philly :boo:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
At one time, their was a sketch by one someone from JHC with a conept of a muppet theme park but it never came to be.