1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jim Henson videos on Netflix

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Warldorf, May 19, 2012.

?

Have you joined Netflix?

1. Yes, a while ago

70.6%
  2. Yes, just now

5.9%
  3. No, not yet

11.8%
  4. Want to, but can't afford it

17.6%
  5. No, don't want to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

Hello there,

Now is a good time to join Netflix. It is currently airing some good movies from during Jim Henson's time and his workshop. First up, they have The Muppets Take Manhattan. After that, enjoy Kermit's Swamp Years with the family. When you're alone, if you want, kick back and emerge into the fantasy worlds named The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. And last but not least, the new documentary, Being Elmo. Well? What are you waiting for?
    Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hey Waldorf! ;) Yeah, we love our instant Netflix, get it in HD through our bluray system. Before that, we were able to watch instantly through my Wii! Plus, when I can't sleep, I watch old episodes of Fraggle Rock or Doctor Who on Netflix through my wife's iPod, it's great! :)

So, looks like I gotta do a search for MTM, somehow I missed adding that to my queue. As for KSY, no thanks!! Ha ha.

Cheers,
    :D
    Anthony
  3. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

[goes to netfilx.com]

"Sorry, Netfilx is not available in your country…yet"

Rats!
  4. gregtcarpenter

gregtcarpenter New Member

Don't forget Jim Henson' The Storyteller, Farscape, Emmet Otter, Pajanimals (for toddlers), specials like Monster Maker, and Fraggle Rock. Lots of Henson, old and new.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

There is also "The Secret Life of Toys" series and "Construction Site" as well.
  6. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

I live in Canada tho :(
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I really want Netflix! It looks great!
    Plus, my old favorite show, Arrested Development is returning next year with a 10 episode miniseries for Netflix only. So I kinda want it a lot.
  8. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Netflix also houses select episodes, identical to those found available for download on iTunes, of Sesame Street. They also have the short-lived Mother Goose Stories series and the Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting Netflix, so I was just wondering what they still have and what new stuff that they now have on there in the way of Muppets/Henson. Can anyone shed some light into this?
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Just from a search I got

The Muppet Movie
    Sesame Street 2006-2011
    The Dark Crystal
    The Story Teller Greek Myths
    Sesame Street Classics
    Labyrinth
    Follow That Bird
    The Storyteller

Most of them seem to be going away in January. They tend to cycle through different things to stream every few months in general.
  11. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Don't make me want to move to the US more!
  12. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

They also just got classic SS and even Muppets from Space!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. Sgt Floyd

Is netflix a US only thing? Or is it just because of copyright laws in your area?

Also, Being Elmo is still on there
  14. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Monster Maker I don't think is on there anymore, I called up a request for Netflex to bring it back.

I've watched Being Elmo for the first time Friday on Netflex streaming video and loved it, I'm totally buying the DVD and iTunes download :)
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

No, it's in Canada too. Although there might be slightly different choices..\
    I remember that Being Elmo was on the U.S. Netflix a month before coming to Canada too!

Anyway. what he probably means is that they don't have Nexflix in Taiwan.
  16. Sgt Floyd

Yeah....I was asking if the reason why they don;t have netflix was because of copyright laws...
  17. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Well I don't think Copyright law is related to that sort of thing, I think it's in the matter of company wanting to go international or not. More like company choice but who knows, they seem very successful and perhaps will distribute international someday as the company explains. :)