Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit in Doylestown

superboober

Reaction score
The Smithsonian sponsored exhibit is currently being shown through November 29th at the Michener Museum in Doylestown, PA, so if you've been wanting to see it, that's where you can go in the immediate present. I myself will likely be heading there in the near future, since it's no more than 60 miles away from where I live.

ploobis

Reaction score
Has anybody been to the exhibit in Doylestown yet? If so, Tell me what puppets they have displayed at the exhibit.

superboober

Reaction score
The newspaper article I learned of it from has pictures of a 70s era Kermit, King Goshposh & Featherstone, and Sir Linit of the commercial for the fabric finisher. It also mentions Ernie & Bert, unspecified FR characters, and Dr. Bredlaw Freedly as being there.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score

If you are attending - you should probbably look at the musem calendar - there is a Panel coming with Fran Brill and the usual suspects.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The newspaper article I learned of it from has pictures of a 70s era Kermit, King Goshposh & Featherstone, and Sir Linit of the commercial for the fabric finisher. It also mentions Ernie & Bert, unspecified FR characters, and Dr. Bredlaw Freedly as being there.
Bredwhaa?

If this hasn't changed since it was in AZ, there were about a dozen Muppets on display - Kermit, Ernie/Bert, Mahna Mahna and Snowths, Rowlf, Wilkins and Wontkins (recreations), Sir Linit, Gobo and Cantus, Goshposh and Featherstone.

Narpin

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to attend this exhibit last year when I was living in Scottsdale, AZ and then attend it again in Doylestown, PA several weeks ago. It is the same exhibit with the same items on display and I highly recomend seeing it.

Some of the puppets on display include a Kermit, a Bert and Ernie, Manah Manah, Rolf the Dog, and some puppets from Hey Cinderella. It's really a wonderful exhibit.

In AZ the highlight was meeting Dave Goelz who did a Q & A with Gonzo after taking us on a tour of the exhibit.

Narpin

Reaction score
Bredwhaa?

If this hasn't changed since it was in AZ, there were about a dozen Muppets on display - Kermit, Ernie/Bert, Mahna Mahna and Snowths, Rowlf, Wilkins and Wontkins (recreations), Sir Linit, Gobo and Cantus, Goshposh and Featherstone.
You saw it in the AZ, too? Were you there on the Dave Golez night?

aVeryBriefCameo

Reaction score
I drove 6 hours to get to this exhibit and it did not disappoint. Fantastic.