Jim Henson's Fantastic World in Baton Rouge

karamazov80

Reaction score
Not sure where this should be posted precisely, BUT, if anyone is going to be near Baton Rouge, LA in the next month or so, be sure to come to the Louisiana Art and Science Museum to check out "Jim Henson's Fantastic World."

http://www.lasm.org/stage/html/ee_ex_henson.html

I just got around to going yesterday, and it is really awesome. They had several puppets on display (including a Kermit, Rowlf, Ernie, and Bert, alongside more obscure muppets like the king and queen from "Hey Cinderella"), and it was ultimately a lot deeper than I thought it would be. There is an entire room devoted to the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock, plus a focus on his early commercial work, and Henson's non-Muppets-related efforts, including his 1960s films "Time Piece" and "the Cube."

If nothing else, check out the pod cast link on this above page, which you can rent to listen to during the exhibit for $3. The exhibit lasts until the end of June.--support the Baton Rouge economy!

ploobis

Reaction score
Anybody now any info about the Jim Henson Fantastic World being at Washington DC and Silver Spring MD?

I would love to go to both of those events. :smile:

Maestro

Reaction score
I went to this a couple weeks ago, and it was amazing! I think I nearly peed my pants when I walked in and saw an ACTUAL Kermit! :smile: The depths and detail that they went into was incredible, and I would go again if I could. The only problem that I (or more so my dad) had was getting around Baton Rouge, as we had never been.

On a side note, the museum's ancient Egypt exhibit and planetarium are also pretty neat, and next door is the USS Kidd, a WWII destroyer and veteran's museum. Definitely worth the trip.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Why does that Bert look....not like a real bert?

Maestro

Reaction score
Maybe it's an earlier Bert than you are used to seeing? He is a bit less polished in his design compared to the newer versions...