1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim Henson's Greek Myths

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by BlueFrackle, Apr 21, 2002.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey Guys,
    I have only seen The Storyteller and pictures of the Greek Myths series.

Can someone tell me about it ?

Was it made like The Storyteller , With someone sitting in a chair telling the stories ?

What myths did they use in the series ?

Was it a British or an American man who narrated ?
    And was the Dog from The Storyteller included ?

Thanks

See ya
  2. White Lion

White Lion New Member

Lemme see if i can remember:

It was like the Storyteller, except the narrator and the dog would be in a Greek palace or labyrinth setting instead.

The myths I remember are Perseus and the Gorgon, Orpheus and Eurydice, Theseus and the Minotaur, and Daedalus and Icarus.

It was British made definately, and the narrator was some middle aged guy I never caught the name of. The dog WAS there too.
  3. Man, I'd LOVE to see the Greek Myths---I wish more coulda been made, too...
  4. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

>>>It was British made definately, and the narrator was some middle aged guy I never caught the name of. The dog WAS there too.<<<

His name is Michael Gambon who took over from John Hurt.

see ya

MuppetDanny
  5. John Hurt? Funny, he's my music minister at my church---but probably not the same one.

Ya never know, though . . .
  6. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Ask him the name of the dog on "The Storyteller," then you'll know.