Jim Henson's Memorial

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I've seen it; the site has a nice collection of photos from Jim's memorial.

My favorite, personally, is of Scooter, Gobo and Wembley (with Richard, Jerry and Steve) during 'Just One Person.'

ahks

Reaction score
Tim, thank you very much for your description. I just found the music last night from the performance. Although I didn't know Mr. Henson personally, what he did give me, well, the man's my hero... the memorial service was beautiful. Can you tell me what happened to Mr. Oz in the middle of Cottleson Pie that cracked him up making him laugh, please?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Tim, thank you very much for your description. I just found the music last night from the performance. Although I didn't know Mr. Henson personally, what he did give me, well, the man's my hero... the memorial service was beautiful. Can you tell me what happened to Mr. Oz in the middle of Cottleson Pie that cracked him up making him laugh, please?
Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and Kevin Clash grabbed his stool and lifted him high in the air. He didn't know it was gonna happen.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I have some parts of the memorial service from YouTube and it's wonderful that his family and friends made it a really memorable one. One of my favorite parts was when Richard, Jerry, Steve, Kevin, Frank and Dave sang the medley of Muppet songs and some things were real spontaneous and that's what made it memorable. What really topped it off is the ending, "Just One Person" when all Muppet characters played by a single performer sang together. That was real beautiful. This reminds us that Jim will always be remembered and will never be forgotten.