Jim Hill: Mickey plays it smart in last-minute hopes for Henson

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I stopped reading when he called the new movie 'Its A Wonderful Muppet Christmas'.

If he wrote it today, Or even yesterday, Or even the day before why doesnt he know the name of the new movie ?

I thought he knew about Muppets, Maybe he thought that too - LOL

See ya

radionate

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to jump down his throat this time Warrick. The article is actually kind of interesting, and speaks quite a few truths.

This is one soap opera that has me on the edge of my seat.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim sent me a similar editorial as well this morning and it did have the correct title listed. It will be on-line shortly.

Not that he needs the affirmation, but Jim Hill has very good sources and contacts within Henson. In fact, I would say they are some of the best contacts possible.

Hopefully by the end of the month, one way or another the Henson sale will be complete. The next few weeks have the potential to dramatically change the future of the company like never before.

radionate

Reaction score
Phil,

In your editorial, does Jim Hill address the possiblity of the JHC being split up in seperate sales. That is the creature shop going to one owner, the video library to another, etc etc etc.

I'm wondering if this is an option that EM.TV is considering. (perish the thought)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nate,

From what I have been told, EM.TV is considering all options and if it brings significantly more money breaking up the Creature Shop from JHC is sadly a possibility.

Keep in mind though, that the REAL issue behind all of this is time. EM.TV owes 64 million in the next few weeks. So the problem with splitting up the company is that ideally several deals have to be agreed to in principle in that time-frame.

Jim Hill does address the issue of licensing out the characters to Disney while they are actually owned under a different umbrella in the editorial. Supposedly several of the final bids are in. So literally decisions effecting JHC's future are likely being decided in the next 7-10 days.

radionate

Reaction score
As I said before, interesting stuff. I know that all I really want for Christmas is a safe and good home for Kermit and Co.

I only hope I've been a good enough boy all year to make it happen.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I want a GOOD home for Kermit as much as anyone, and I don't think Disney's it! ....Have yall SEEN what Disney's done w/their "established characters" lately? (Think "House of Mouse.") I'd CRY if I saw "House of Kermit"! Most of their most creative stuff lately's been done w/Pixar! And w/NO music!!! (I want my Muppet musical numbers back!!!!) ....To me, the ideal company to get the JHC would TRUST them, and just sit back & let them do what they know works & maybe sometimes let them experiment, but give them plenty of support! I think MCC & MTI have proven that it's NOT Disney's prerogative to stay out of it! (In other words, people who care a/b more than just profit margins!) ....I'm not sure WHO I want to buy Kermit, but it's NOT Disney.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Variety said this

The Mouse House had been considered a prohibitive favorite to adopt Kermit and his Muppet brethren at Henson into the Magic Kingdom, but so far the studio seems too preoccupied with fixing its existing operations to pursue additional assets. Yet a key source noted at least one other bid could still be in the offing from a party other than Disney, so there's no reason Allen wouldn't let the Mouse place a last-minute offer as well.