Jim Hill on Saban, the Muppets, and Disney

Drtooth

Reaction score
folks are gonna fuss at me too, Fozzie!

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
But I STILL say I want JHC to get JHC back in their own grips again.

-I've seen Saban's work, and it doesn't work for me.
-Disney? Overkill on their sequels and use of their animated films into bad tv series and not enough focus on ORIGINAL works: ie, Tarzan and all those other films based on books. Again I ask, "What's wrong with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, et al?"
Fozzwocka, you have some really valid points, so here's my 2 cents:

Yeah! Saban's work doesn't work for anyone over the age of five! But, he didn't REALLY create them, he just stole them from Japan, and prayed to God that international copyright laws would work for him. Though I must admit, back in the 80's when Hiam Saban wrote music for such shows as Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, and Super Mario Super Show, he was really good with that stuff. At shows he stinks! He should go back to cartoon scores!

Though I do like the Buzz Lightyear cartoon (what a schnook am I, huh?) I agree with the anti Disney rant! I mean, Tarzan was a disapointment enough as a movie, but an unfunny, uninterresting cartoon show, and sequal (which I bet is nothing but clips of the show spliced together) are awful. I hoped the sequal would be good, since it left out Tarzan's rightful place as the Duke or Lord of something. My entire understanding of Tarzan is based on a 50's MAD article called Melvin of the Apes, so if I'm wrong, please don't get snippy!

But then again, House of Mouse (starring good ol' Mickey, as you put it) is junk, a corny commercial for the other movies. Mickey goes and says.."Hey gang! I'm goin' over to the Beast of Beauty and the Beast, who just so happens to have his movie rereleased to video!" Plus, I don't think Mickey is such a big deal anyway, since Disney himself stopped making cartoons of him to focus on DOnald and Goofy (whom I like waaaayyy more than the mouse).

However (agian) Disney has released some GOOD original cartoon movies, Lilo and Stitch, Emperor's New Groove (both my absolute fave Dizzy flicks), and Atlantis. No more of this lame-a-zoid Princess movie junk. Boy, that really got on my nerves after Pocahauntas! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

The live action movies, however, are pure..well...let's say I don't talk about it in mixed company! Snow Dogs and Country BEars?!?!?! I think that Henson should have refused to make any animatronics for those doo-doo flicks!

I'm not really good at Buisness, though! Basically I cannot see why Henson can't stand alone. Basically I cannot see why ANY company can't stand alone! What the Heck is up with companies purchasing everything in sight when copywrites expire?!??!?!