Jim Martin - An Under-Appreciated Performer?

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Oh, and speaking of more Jim performances, I'd say Preston the Rabbit's right up there, even if he only lasted two seasons on Sesame Street.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too like Jim Martin's works. His familiar Gary Gnu voice, his terrifying M.T. Promises voice, the alien Baffle, and how he took over as Edison when John Lovelady left the show.

I also remember how Jim did some guest puppets on Captain Kangaroo.

I remember the times on Sesame Street where he voiced Preston Rabbit and the Great Blecchini. These days, Jim will pop up with a one time Muppet like a monster, a sports announcer, or a wolf.

And I too liked Jim's performances as Ben and the Green Piece Police Captain.

These days, Jim is mostly a director. He directed some episodes of the Puzzle Place and some Between the Lions episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"This is Gary Gnu, and g'no g'news is good g'news! This is the only TV g'newsprogram guaranteed to contain g'no g'news whatsoever! G'nothing bad or wrong EVER happens on MY show!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching SST on Sprout today, and saw Elmo, Zoe, and Telly having the "Fastest Monster in the World" race... does anyone know if Jim performed the loud and obnoxious sportscaster that commentated on the race with Gordon? I thought the sportscaster sounded a lot like Gary Gnu.

I can't look up the episode number or title, but it's obviously from Season 32.

Xerus

Reaction score
I was watching SST on Sprout today, and saw Elmo, Zoe, and Telly having the "Fastest Monster in the World" race... does anyone know if Jim performed the loud and obnoxious sportscaster that commentated on the race with Gordon? I thought the sportscaster sounded a lot like Gary Gnu.

I can't look up the episode number or title, but it's obviously from Season 32.
I remember that episode and I do believe that sportscaster sounded like Jim Martin.

I kind of wish they'd bring back Preston Rabbit. I liked the episode where Preston first appeared and tried to give everyone presents. It was also a musical number too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish someone had Preston Rabbit clips on YouTube; I've looked but couldn't find any.

I remember from the A&E SST Biography special, when then-head writer Lou Berger talked about kids visiting the studio and meeting the Muppets seeing Jim and another crew member off to the side smiling as Elmo meets with Joan Ganz Cooney and her (I think) grand-daughter.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I posted a thread about this a while back. Yes, it was Jim.