Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would hope that having a net work show wouldn't water down John Stewart's hilariousness.

But Patton Oswalt I could really see working, It's just that I think he's better suited to the comedy stages, but he sounds perfect. But Paul Reubens would be a dream come true!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This would be a great time to see some of the HA stuff henson has been working on.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What does "Henson Alternative" have to do with Jimmy Fallon replacing Conan O'Brien?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What does "Henson Alternative" have to do with Jimmy Fallon replacing Conan O'Brien?
There's a puppet sketch show that Henson is getting on the air and they also created a pilot for a puppet late night talk show that never took off. That's propbably what Dwayne is referencing - that having Henson puppets host a talk show would be great and much better than Fallon. :flirt:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh I see! Would be very interesting to see and would be funnier and a lot more interesting than Fallon, haha!:big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if he'd bring Chairy! Of course you know she's voiced by the wonderful Ms Cyndi Lauper. :coy:
Eh, he wants to move away from that... which explains the delay in the supposed "Special edition" Pee Wee DVD's with commentary.

But I could see everyone in that list working well with late night. Even him, if he wants to do it straight, and not play Pee Wee all the time.

There's a puppet sketch show that Henson is getting on the air and they also created a pilot for a puppet late night talk show that never took off. That's propbably what Dwayne is referencing - that having Henson puppets host a talk show would be great and much better than Fallon.
here's the shame. We'll probably never see that, but we will see Jimmy Fallon trying to keep people awake for a late night show. I bet even fans of his SNL bits would be disappointed in how he'll come across.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I Think he will do sort of ok when talking to guests but doing his own comody I just don't think will work because he needs someone else to be funny off of. I don't really understand why they would go with Fallon, I thought they would want someone with Talent!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eh, he wants to move away from that... which explains the delay in the supposed "Special edition" Pee Wee DVD's with commentary.

But I could see everyone in that list working well with late night. Even him, if he wants to do it straight, and not play Pee Wee all the time.
(I was kind of kidding there with the Chairy comment. Note that I didn't say Pee Wee should have a show. I'm certain there would be rights issues anyway.):rolleyes: