Jim's Gravesite

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I am going to New York in about a month or so, and on my list of things to see (Avenue Q, CBGB, Jim Henson Company, Strawberry Fields) I would like to visit Jim's grave. But I do not know whether or not it is in New York. Also, is Richard Hunt's gravesite there, too?

Luke

Reaction score
Jim was cremated, which may explain why you can't find his gravesite!

Luke

Reaction score
There is a bench dedicated to Jim in Central Park, NY. Thats the only memorial in NY i'm aware of. His ashes were scattered at the families private ranch in New Mexico. I'm not sure about Richard Hunt, i think that was kept private.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Richard's niece came to the RHLC last year and told us Richard was cremated as well.

I didn't realize there was a bench for Jim in Central Park, that's cool!

Have a good time in New York, MuppetMarc!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Richard's niece came to the RHLC last year and told us Richard was cremated as well.

I didn't realize there was a bench for Jim in Central Park, that's cool!

Have a good time in New York, MuppetMarc!
That's right; some of Richard's ashes were sprinkled over the flower beds at the Hunt home in Closter, NJ. The rest of the ashes are kept at Beaker's Breakers, the family's summer home on Cape Cod. On the Find-A-Grave site, they goofed and said Richard was buried at St. John the Divine, which was actually the site of his memorial service.

When I think about it, I think having his ashes divided between the two houses would suit Richard much better. He's close to his family that way.

There's also a bench for Jim and for Don Sahlin on Hampstead Heath in London. I think I'll try to find it when I'm there with my family next month.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Okay guys, new question. Is the address of The Jim Henson Company in New York still the same as it was when Quinn Rollins went in 2002? I know some place moved, but I do not remember where. Also, does anyone know where Sesame Street is filmed?

Thanks!

Luke

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company hasn't been at those offices in NY for a couple of years, they moved to LA. However the Henson Legacy still has offices in NY.