J'LATTE - Jim Lewis Appreciation Thread: That's Easy

Beauregard

Reaction score
As the famed 'typer' of Kermit's autobiography (which Kermit oooobviously wrote), and the thrower-together of fun-lines, jokes, and ideas for Muppet interviews, and generally being Muppety-spokesfrog...Jim Lewis deserves a thread of his own in which we can chat about him, besides his "Ask a Jim" thread...:coy:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I really think that is was high time someone did do this. Jim Lewis really does know how the Muppets should be, and I only hope that with this new Movie and diffrent writers. That Jim does not get to disscouraged and quit. Well I just want to say

LOVE YOU JIM thanks for everything you have and will do!

Luke

Reaction score
Gotta lotta luv and respect for Jim - the movies, shows and TV spots where he (and the other main Muppet writers) have been involved have always been more enjoyable IMO than the stuff written by others. The web stuff lately has been bang on the mark - that classic TMS feeling back without it seeming outdated humor, and still bringing out all the quirks and zaniness of the characters.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Gotta lotta luv and respect for Jim - the movies, shows and TV spots where he (and the other main Muppet writers) have been involved have always been more enjoyable IMO than the stuff written by others. The web stuff lately has been bang on the mark - that classic TMS feeling back without it seeming outdated humor, and still bringing out all the quirks and zaniness of the characters.
You are so right about the Web site videos. I really love them and think it is Jim Lewis writeing at his fineset.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Great to see you online Jim you should really pop in more from time to time.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*cartwheels in wearing a cheerleading uniform* J-I-M! Jim! Jim! Jim! L-E-W! Lew! Lew! Lew! I-S! Jim Lew is the best! YAAAAAAAAAAAY Jim Lew! *jumps up and attempts splits* *breaks both legs* *cries* *falls over half-dead* The sacrifices... I make for... for Jim Lew...

Beauregard

Reaction score
*starts to plaster-cast Prawnie's legs with paper-mache made from Before You Leap* Only the best puns and funniest pages were choosen because laughter is the best medicane and with your legs...you need it...*injects Prawnie with Muppets.com serum*

But seriously...*sips a semi-skimmed J'latte from a vending machine* Its great to see you here, Jim. Your interaction with us crazies has always been great. Looking forward to any future m'updates on muppets.com!

tomahawk

Reaction score
I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Jim Lewis at the Jim Henson sculpture and stamp unveiling. Wonderful and funny person. I asked him to sign my Jim Henson-The Works book. I had most of the other signitures from Muppetfest. He wondered, jokingly, if it was a good idea. Thanks Jim.:big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's AWESOME, tomahawk! I wish I could meet Jim... (No, I would not scream and jump up and down like a giddy school girl.) (I would scream up and down in a most dignified manner.) But for now, I'll settle for having an autographed copy of "Before You Leap." :big_grin: