Joan Ganz Cooney Interview

jobedo

Reaction score
Seen this at Tough Pigs

"I just watched a bit of a new interview (from late October) with Joan Ganz Cooney. It's a whopping 8 part interview, so I only had time to watch one part of it (five, I think). Anyway, there are a lot of very interesting insights into CTV, Sesame Workshop, and Sesame in general. Definetely worth checking out, especially for this reason -

They got to talking about Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One, etc. Cooney mentioned that they are currently preparing the unvieling of a new digital cable education network where all of the shows will be "brought out of the vault". Nothing was said about Sesame, but I would think that the prospects of seeing it on this nameless network would be pretty good.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Hopefully this network comes through and launches in Spring of 2006 (the approx date Cooney gave).

You can find all the parts of the interview by searching for "sesame street" on google video. Looks like it's a part of www.emmys.tv , but this is how I found it. Part five is where I found all this info."

Maybe they are talking about the sprout channel http://video.google.com/videosearch...h+Joan+Ganz+Cooney"+playable:true&page=1&lv=1
JOE

ssetta

Reaction score
jobedo said:
They got to talking about Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One, etc. Cooney mentioned that they are currently preparing the unvieling of a new digital cable education network where all of the shows will be "brought out of the vault". Nothing was said about Sesame, but I would think that the prospects of seeing it on this nameless network would be pretty good.
Actually, I don't mean to disappoint you, but if you watch the very beginning of the interview, the interviewer announces that this was taped on April 22, 1998. So, that was like nearly 8 years ago, and sadly, I think she was talking about Noggin, because that was before it even existed!!:frown:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks for that interview jobedo, I just finished watching the entire interview last night.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I should also mention if you type up Fed Rogers, You'll also find an interview with him as well.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Since the SS boards haven't been all that busy latly I thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this interview with Mrs. Cooney and if so what did you think of it? What in particualer did you like about it?

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
That was the first interview on google I watched.I thought it was pretty good.I liked the part about Sesame Street & Jim Henson.