John Cleese episode-favorite part!!

SillyRed

Reaction score
During the closing number, He was scheduled to do "Impossible Dream", but ended up with humorous results!! I loved the "There is no way he'll do a song part" when he says angry things and the Muppets sing whatever he says!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! Did he not want to sing "Impossible Drem"?

anathema

Reaction score
"This is your guest,
To follow that star..."

:-D

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I agree. That one was classic. According to the Brain Henson intro, Cleese wasn't too thrilled about being on the show. That's how I interpreted it anyway. I might want to watch that video again to be sure of what he said.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I always figured it was just that whole routine was SILLY, and well, John Cleese LIKES sillyness!!! That is a CLASSIC episode.....

anathema

Reaction score
Didn't Cleese co-write the script? I thought he was just playing the role of someone who didn't want to be there, which was more-or-less in keeping with his Basil Fawlty :smile:

Daylight

Reaction score
In Brian Henson's intro, he said that John Cleese got really close to the muppets and did help write the script

But my favorite bit has to be when John Cleese is fixing Gonzo's arms:

"Now keep repeating something over and over again"
"something something something something something something"

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
According to the Brain Henson intro, Cleese wasn't too thrilled about being on the show. That's how I interpreted it anyway. I might want to watch that video again to be sure of what he said.
If John Cleese wasn't crazy about being on The Muppet Show, why would he have agreed to be on The Muppet Show? Yeah, you might want to listen more carefully, lol.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
John Cleese returned for the Great Muppet Caper as well.

scarecroe

Reaction score
That's right! How could I forget! It's an absolutely hilarious scene :embarrassed: