John Fiedler, voice of Piglet, dies

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/27/obit.fiedler.ap/index.html

John Fiedler, voice of Piglet, dies
Actor also starred in 'Bob Newhart Show'

NEW YORK (AP) -- John Fiedler, a stage actor who won fame as the voice of Piglet in Walt Disney's Winnie-the-Pooh films, died Saturday, The New York Times reported in Monday editions. He was 80.

Fiedler served in the Navy during World War II before beginning a stage career in New York. He performed in supporting roles alongside Sidney Poitier on Broadway, John Wayne in Hollywood and Bob Newhart on television.

With Newhart, on "The Bob Newhart Show," he was Mr. Peterson, the meek patient who was often a target for Jack Riley's sarcastic Mr. Carlin.

Fiedler also appeared in the films "12 Angry Men," "The Odd Couple," "True Grit," "The Fortune" and "Sharky's Machine," and was a cast member on the TV show "Buffalo Bill."

But he was best known for the squeaky voice of the ever-worrying Piglet that he landed when someone noticed his naturally high-pitched voice.

"Walt Disney heard it on a program and said, 'That's Piglet,' " his brother James Fiedler told The Times.

In addition to his brother, Fiedler is survived by a sister, Mary Dean, The Times reported. The newspaper did not report the cause or location of his death.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, two Winnie The Pooh character voices died in one weekend. So sad!

Katzi428

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Wow, two Winnie The Pooh character voices died in one weekend. So sad!
Yeah...I was thinking the same thing!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I WONDER WHO WILL DO PIGLET NOW? JAY WAS VOICING HIM UPTO THE hUMPFALUMP MOVIE 2005

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
That is so weird! When I heard about Paul Winchell, I thought, "Gee, Piglet's the only one left, and he's getting up there." Because Paul was the original Tigger, wasn't he? And John was the original Piglet. That's so weird that they would go so close together.
Erin

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In addition to P-P-P-P-P-Piglet, I remember Fiedler best as "Furgus F. Finglehop", the frog who wished to be human on "Bewitched".

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Just noticed this,after signing on(was at work all day).John was a true talent.My fav. roles that he did were in 12 Angry Men,The Odd Couple & as Piglet.

RIP John.:cry: :sympathy:

Tigger and Piglet.<sigh>RIP