Johnny Fiama & Sal The Monkey Appreciation Thread

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey Gang'

Who loves Johnny Fiama and his monkey bodyguard Sal?

They are two of my favorite Muppet characters! I loved them when I first saw them on Muppets Tonight. I also loved them in IVMMC, TMWO and I loved them in the Jerry Lewis Telethon & Family Feud.

They are the funniest of the new Muppet characters. I hope to see them in more Muppet projects!

How bout you?

Princeton

Reaction score
Totally agree! They play off of each other very nicely, and I like to think that Johnny and Sal were created solely as tests to see how Bill Baretta and Brian Henson could handle not only each having a signature character but also to see what they could do as collaborators. Also, by the time Johnny and Sal were created, the concept of Gonzo and Rizzo as a comedy team was starting to wear thin, so maybe Johnny and Sal were created for the sake of having another comedic duo.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I'm in! Johnny and Sal are two of my four favorite muppets who debuted in Muppets Tonight! and I'm very glad that they've made the transition to the main group.. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a song on A Green & Red Christmas, though, especially with Johnny being a singer and all, but I look forward to more of them in the upcoming movie!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't recall watching anything more than the first couple of eps of Muppets Tonight, but from what I've seen of them, I started to like them.

rexcrk

Reaction score
"Who cut this cake?"

"Hey you did you cut this cake?"

Yes, I'm a Johnny and Sal fan! I was soooo disappointed when Palisades couldn't make a figure of Sal... at least Johnny comes with a picture of him.

ploobis

Reaction score
"Who cut this cake?"

"Hey you did you cut this cake?"

Yes, I'm a Johnny and Sal fan! I was soooo disappointed when Palisades couldn't make a figure of Sal... at least Johnny comes with a picture of him.
I was disappointed about Palisades not releasing the Sal figure too! Thats like releasing a figure of Ernie with out Bert!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was disappointed about Palisades not releasing the Sal figure too! Thats like releasing a figure of Ernie with out Bert!
Which, ironically, is what very nearly happened. I don't wanna go into it, but they just didn't perfect the sculpt until it was too late. Really wish he was in series 9 instead of a second Chef repaint.

Anyway, I really love these guys. Right up there with Pepe and Bobo, these guys were introduced in MT, and they had staying power.

Luke

Reaction score
I love these guys too, brilliant idea for a double act and Brian/Bill work so well together. I think they were at their finest in Muppets From Space.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think they made an appearances on the new "To Tell The Truth".

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Si. With Johnny, and Sal, I'm surrounded by love. <3

Like most classic duos (Laurel/Hardy, Abbott/Costello, Felix/Oscar, Burger/Fries), Johnny Fiama, and Sal Minella really blend in perfectly... I mean, an Italian; Frank Sinatra-esque crooner, and-- and a monkey! Thank to Bill, and Brian, I started to appreciate dead crooners (and Tony Bennett) more often... O.O

Disappointed they're not going to make an appearance in the upcoming flick, but I hope to see more of the duo in future projects. :skeptical:

Thanks to Johnny (obviously...), I am proud to be an Italian American. <3