Journey to Bert

JJandJanice

Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
I would tell him to hide but then I would'nt look for him,the red menace...
LOL, yeah when it comes to Elmo, isn't it enough he pretty much has hijacked Sesame Street. I mean he has Elmo's world and he almost always in the main storylines. It's crazy, enough Elmo. :boo: .

As for the journey to Bert, yes it was really easy to see where Bert was going to hide, but we are talking about a show that's more for preschoolers. I mean I'm almost 21 and I still wacth and love to wacth it, but still, you know.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
LOL, yeah when it comes to Elmo, isn't it enough he pretty much has hijacked Sesame Street. I mean he has Elmo's world and he almost always in the main storylines. It's crazy, enough Elmo. :boo: .

As for the journey to Bert, yes it was really easy to see where Bert was going to hide, but we are talking about a show that's more for preschoolers. I mean I'm almost 21 and I still wacth and love to wacth it, but still, you know.
I knew I wouldn'd be the only one with the same opinion:wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, like it or not, Elmo is what's driving a lot of the merchandise and familiarity for Sesame Street right now- there are a lot of young 0, 1, 2, and 3 year old fans of Elmo and Sesame Workshop is going to cater to their needs and desires.
Yeah- I agree that Elmo dominates a lot of Sesame Street nowadays- but I really don't think we need to resort to calling a piece of felt cloth a red menace. Elmo as a character is fine and I like him just fine. As it is, Elmo's World is pretty much right at the end of the show anyway, so I just pretty much find myself tuning out at that point.
(I do like Elmo, like I said, but even I can only take so much Elmo's World):cool:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Well, like it or not, Elmo is what's driving a lot of the merchandise and familiarity for Sesame Street right now- there are a lot of young 0, 1, 2, and 3 year old fans of Elmo and Sesame Workshop is going to cater to their needs and desires.
Yeah- I agree that Elmo dominates a lot of Sesame Street nowadays- but I really don't think we need to resort to calling a piece of felt cloth a red menace. Elmo as a character is fine and I like him just fine. As it is, Elmo's World is pretty much right at the end of the show anyway, so I just pretty much find myself tuning out at that point.
(I do like Elmo, like I said, but even I can only take so much Elmo's World):cool:
Whose "we" that was one guy who called Elmo a little red menace.

I know Elmo is the driving force of Sesame Street merchandise and all. That's all well and good, doesn't really mean that Sesame Street should be called Elmo and friends or something. Which is really all anyone is saying that he gets too much tv time. But you're right, Sesame Street is mainly for kids and will always mainly be for kids, so as long as kids like Elmo, we're going to see a lot of Elmo. Don't get me wrong here, I don't hate Elmo either, if kids want to see him a lot, that's fine. I would never want to take away the magic of a Muppet from any kid, even if I'm not a huge fan of that certain Muppet.

Besides isn't this thread about the Journey to Bert episode, how the topic get so off, it's that red menace agian, :smile: . Oh sorry.:rolleyes: