Journey To Ernie

F

furryredmonster

I LOVE JOURNEY TO ERNIE!! I think the song is catchy. I think... i think.... I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!

Do you like Journey to Ernie???

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I personally like the newer Journey to Ernies, as opposed to the ones where Big Bird had to look for him, hiding in a box.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yup, the new version is great because it actually involves deducting skills. And I love the song too. :stick_out_tongue:

It's Ernie, it's me! I know you any where!
The (hee hee hee) when you laugh, that Ernie shirt and hair!

I forget the rest. But the harmony on the last line is très cool.

F

furryredmonster

Yea, the new ones are the best.

The Squeaking of your ducky, tells us your the one.
We found him we found him!! La la la la la

Our jouney to Ernie, is doooone!!

I think thats it.

BEAR

Reaction score
I like Journey to Ernie too. It is a great segment, especially for the younger kids. The format kinda reminds me of Blues Clues. Not only was it a great way to give Ernie more exposure than he had been for a while, but I noticed today that it is fun to see Ernie and Big Bird do something together just the two of them. Its not often you see them interact one on one really.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I'll be honest with you: though I hate the newer SS, there's certain parts of it that I can stand. The Ernie and Bert segments, and whenever Telly shows up. Journey to Ernie is one of the few good things to come out of the newer SS (IMO). I like it because it represents what the Sesame Workshop ought to be doing more of: using classic characters regularly, and perhaps putting them in new segments and situations.

DTF

Reaction score
It's grown on me

There are some good analytical skills involvedsometimes I wish it was a bit more complex, and especially that they'd do more of them. However, like Blues Clues, it does help develop important skills. And, Sesame Street didn't always have really comlex stuff - some of their stuff was pretty simple even way back when. Remember the "One of these things is not like the other" in the montage at the end of the 35th anniversary celebration? It was clearly from aroundt he early '70s, and had 3 triangles and the number 23 on it. And, IIRC, in one of the OOTTINLTO games they played to find Ernie, there were *2* things different. So, they are getting better.

I must have missed a old JTE segments. I think I'm glad I did.

ssetta

Reaction score
I didn't like it that much. I mean, it was okay at first, but after it was on every day, I sort of got sick of it. And fortunately, for those of you with me, I think it's on its way out.

superfan

Reaction score
I don't mind the segment...it's Big Bird's new voice I'm still having a hard time getting used to.