Julia Child passed away

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I always loved to watch her! Such a great person, with a quick, and witty sense of humor

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I heard about that on the noon news. :frown: She certainly lived a long, full life. :halo:
Erin

mikebennidict

Reaction score
her 1st series The French Chef was PBS's witch was then called National Educcational Television. was the 1st real popular national series for the network. it's hard to explain it well but durring the 50's and 60's NET didn't have a lot of real popular shows or at least they weren't as popular as the network shows and as WGBH puts it in their history timeline she was educational TV's 1st star.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
1 very interesting thing about Child's 1st series The French Chef was 206 episdes of it were made between 1963-1973 but i rememeber seeing it's reruns on PBS on and off as recent as 1987. a few years ago. The Food Network was showing it. what i wonder if why was TFC shown for so many years after it ceased production? though there are some exceptions and i think 1 of her more recent shows are still being shown on the PBS You sattelite channel, it's still very rare to see PBS reruns of anykind going so far back. what's even more interesting about her 1st series is the reruns were only from the early 70s and never was anything shown from before 1970 and it wasn't untill then that TFC was shown in color. don't know why the reruns were limited i can never get any info about this. also check out this interesting story. http://discussions.pbs.org/viewtopic.pbs?p=47290#47290