1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Julie Andrews: "One Step Into Spring" coming to DVD in 2014

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Why would they wait till the day before the DVD is due to come out to change their minds about the release date?

And if it's not coming out for a year - why are there already screenshots from the DVD on Muppet Wiki? This all makes no sense.

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The decision was made last month from what I was told.

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's weird that they're doing this. Of course I actually wasn't too excited about this (I probably would have picked it up if I found a copy, but wouldn't have set out to find a copy on the day it came out). But at least we'll be getting some kind of Muppet release close to the movie's release date (if only Disney would release something then.... Or any other company that has something with the Muppets).

4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Now, please tell us all what's going with Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 and why their releases have been pushed back? We really need to put that one to rest.

5. Duke Remington

Well, Mr. Chapman, it still hasn't been released, so... WHAT HAPPENED?! TELL US! :grouchy:

6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

So sez Amazon:
    This makes the blurb on the DVD--"Classic on DVD for the first time ever!"--rather amusing.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Was this all a prank?

8. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

This would be wonderful to see on DVD........I hope it really does get released soon......I haven't ever seen it and I'm always happy for Muppet specials (especially classic ones like this) to get released.:)

9. Duke Remington

Why didn't Legend Group Studios release this special as promised?

We all need to email Legend Group Studios to get them to reinstate and fulfill their promise to release the special.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Meh.

Mr Snrub and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  11. GonzoLeaper

Sad to see this never got released..... So many other classics have made it to video- it'd be great to see this one too. (Of course, there are still a number of Muppet specials I want to see released to video in some format- preferably as bonus releases on Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show on DVD......)

12. Duke Remington

We need to send lots of emails and letters to Legend Group Studios to tell them to release it and that we're mad at them for breaking their promises to release it.

13. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

It's sad so many shows are not even getting season releases anymore, DVDs are in the situation that VHS was in the early 2000's. It's disappointing Disney hasn't at least released TMS after nearly a decade, we'll probably never get them, if not that then at least release TM'16 on DVD, I know The Grinder got a DVD release and that show was also cancelled.

14. GonzoLeaper

I would definitely prefer Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show over the 2016 "The Muppets" show on DVD- but it'd be better if Disney just released all of it........ I feel like the Time Life releases might be the best we're going to get for TMS Seasons 4-5 at this point though... Incomplete, but at least some of the episodes are out there.