Just a thought......

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Hi gang!

Do you think that Jim patterned The Muppet Movie after himself and the Muppeteers? First Kermit (Jim) was alone, then he found Fozzie (Frank), then The Electric Mayhem & Scooter (Jerry and Richard), then Gonzo (Dave) with Camilla, Piggy and Rowlf.

If you think about it then that's the same order that Jim hired the Muppeteers in, also Jim got the Muppets got produced by Lew Lord Grade, well, in The Muppet Movie the Muppets got there movie produced by Lew Lord. Then at the end with all the Muppets is when Jim met all the rest Muppeteers.

Tell me what you think.:smile:

Tim

Reaction score
Probably..but don't forget he was working with Jane before he met Frank, and Kermit was single, and he hired Jerry Juhl before Frank and there was no "writer"-type chaaracter in the movie before Fozzie, and Jim went to New York before Hollywood, and he made his living from tv comercials, and Kermit refused, and Jim wanted to be in televison not films at first, and Kermit didn't...

But I guess it's kinda sorta the same!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Tim said:
Probably..but don't forget he was working with Jane before he met Frank, and Kermit was single, and he hired Jerry Juhl before Frank and there was no "writer"-type chaaracter in the movie before Fozzie, and Jim went to New York before Hollywood, and he made his living from tv comercials, and Kermit refused, and Jim wanted to be in televison not films at first, and Kermit didn't...

But I guess it's kinda sorta the same!

Yeah, I didn't think of Jane or the comercials. I did think of Jerry Juhl, but, there's no "writer"- type Muppet, Is there?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i dont know i always thought of scooter as there writer but what do i know.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I think there's always the temptation to look at the work of an artist--any kind of artist--and say, "Aha! I know what you (the artist) are really like! It's obvious to me what you were thinking!" In reality, however, most artists use their life just like they use other materials, using the good or bad stuff and changing things enough to make the story better, etc. I sometimes find that characters I create in stories (not other people's characters, which are not mine to mess with) are sortof like children. Yes, this one has my temperament--and this one has my sense of humor. That one over there is obviously a throw-back to the previous generation--you get the drift--but the truth of it is that all of the characters I will ever create will show SOME aspect of my (the writer's) personality, but none of them will be the whole story. I think Jim found it easy to do a story about Kermit having a dream and being able to share that with other people because so many things in Jim's life had been like that, not just one specific experience. Just my thoughts.

Tim

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
Yeah, I didn't think of Jane or the comercials. I did think of Jerry Juhl, but, there's no "writer"- type Muppet, Is there?
Fleet Scribler if you count tabloids, but going back to "The Muppets Valentines Special" there was a character Jim did named Wally who was the Kermit of that show. As he wrote the show, the typewriter letters appeared, and the stuff that he wrote took place as he wrote it.