Just got back from Disneyland!

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
Okay, so I just got back from Disneyland/Disney's California Adventure. Made sure that the first thing we did when we got there was to see the MuppetVision 3D. The show was great (hadn't seen it before) and it got me thinking...........after seeing the animatronic Statler/Waldorf , The Swedish Chef, and Bean Bunny I decided that they need to do an animatronic "Muppet Show" type performance. Anybody else agree with me?? I thought the animatronics that they had were great!

Anyway....overall though, my Muppet experience was kinda disappointing. No Muppet characters roaming the park (how cool would it be to have your pic taken with Kermit :smile: !!!) Very little Muppet merchandise and what they did have didn't really look good (except for the plush Bean Bunny that I just had to buy! he looked great!) And next to nothing as far as Muppet promotion or for that matter Muppet knowledge. The only place in either park that you can buy a selection of Muppet stuff is at Rizzo's Prop Shop (which was only open Fri-Sun btw) and the main Disney store in the Disney District had nothing other than the Kermit :smile: pins!

Hopefully after the Oz movie stuff will start to pop up! Disney better get promoting!

If anyone wants to see pics, I can post them after I get them all developed

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Lucky You! Glad you had a great time. I would do nearly anything to go back there. We went there last year and I thought it was amazing.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Muppet characters roaming the park would be scary I think...I don't think they translate well to that size. :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Welcome back!I've seen MuppetVision 3-D,at Orlando.I'm just wondering,I would imagine its the same show.MGM Studios didn't have a lot of muppety stuff there either,I was there a few years ago with my friend Sean.I did enjoy MV 3-D,really is a great show;its great to watch the audience's reaction to the show as well(during the 3-D effects,4-D effects and during the pre-show too).I'm hoping to see Disney create more muppet merchandise too,would be a good thing.

An Officially Unofficial MUPPET*VISION 3D PAGE

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I expected to see more walk around characters but I did see miss piggy and got a cuddle and kiss from her aswell as a photo where I looked really bad! I was pushed into it! and I was wearing a kermit shirt so she kept kissing my shirt.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Was Miss Piggy large like Mickey Mouse and all the other characters walking around? I'm just curious, I'm having a hard time picturing this. But, I'm glad you had a good time! I have seen the show at MGM in Florida and have always enjoyed it. It's a great attraction!