Just got back from Wizard World East...

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
... and boy are my arms tired.

Okay, wow. Wowee-wow-wow-wow-wow!!! I can't wait to report everything that I saw and got today... First of all, for those of you whom I made previous arrangements with to get the Exclusive Dr. Teeth, it is done. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Ken Lilly in the flesh, and he was exceedingly kind and friendly... (as we already know).

They had all of Series 1 (including the Labs Playset) and Series 2 (Including a painted Band Stage) on display at the Palisades booth. Everything looked awesome, to say the least. Fozzie with his microphone, and fake-nose glasses. Gonzo's cannon, and crash helmet. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, looks better in person.

So, of course -- and I don't mean to gloat here, but I have to share my joy -- I do have Series 1 (minus the playset, of course) in my posession now. And let me just say -- WOW!!! The figures, the packaging -- everything is great. I love it, I love it, I love it. You guys are going to flip when you actually get your hands on these...

Anyway, that's it for now. Talk to y'all later.

Travis

Ryan

Reaction score
Travis!

I just got back too! The exclusive is beautiful! He's so detailed! He looks much better then he does in the pics. I also grabbed the set of original four. The lunchbox is really cool too.

I talked to Ken a little. He's a really nice guy. They brought 400 sets of 4 Muppet figs. They were sold by 2:00! Yes, these Muppets will sell like hotcakes! They also had the series 2 figures for display. They are beautiful! So cool! The EM Playset is Giant!

Ken: Thanks for taking the time to talk to me, and congrats on making the best Muppet figs ever!!!!!

:big_grin:

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Got 'em too!!

Hey guys,
I just got back from the philly con, and these figures ROCK!!! The reaction Ken and friends got from the fans was overwhelming. Everyone, who stopped by while I was there just raved and raved about the entire line. This is gonna be BIG! I talked to Ken for probably about an hour, and he told me so much cool stuff that they have in store for us it would make your heads spin. Please don't ask me about it, he'll share that info with everyone as things are more solidified.
The Electric Mayhem stage is sooo cool. They had the painted prototype there and it was just too cool for words. I bought the set of four plus the Teeth repaint, and they are just truly beautiful.. I know, it's odd to say that about an action figure, but to me they're more like fine sculptures than like toys. The textures are incredible and very accurate. Even the often criticized regular Piggy is great, (though the EB exclusive is better. They had both the EB exclusive Piggy, and the TRU/Toyfare exclusive Kermit on display. All I have to say is this is a Muppet fan's dream come true. And on a complete side note: Did you know that Dr. Teeth has a bald spot on the top of his head?!! Neither did I but it's there and it's just the icing on the cake of probably the most beautiful action figure ever sculpted. They are gonna be hard pressed to try and top Teeth.
Anyway it was great , the figs are great, Ken was great, and Palisades is awesome.
-Artie

Emmy1500

Reaction score
They didn't sell out of the repaint Dr. Teeth did they?

I have a guy that is probably going tomorrow who said he would pick me one up.

I hope there are still some available for him to pick up for me.

None of you guys would happen to have an extra one you could sell to a fellow collector?

I'm in canada, so was unable to go, philly is a long drive from where I live.

thx

Cory

The Big Don

Reaction score
I need one of these. Can anyone sell me one or pick me up one. I am trying to get everything i can and will pay you extra for trouble. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Wonderful you guys!!!! WOW!!!you guys actually have the figs!!!! and after all that waiting! really cool! I'm sooo jealous;-) It's cool some muppet fan's will have the Dr Teeth repaint!it sounds like there will none left over! I'll try and get mine off E-bay 25 years from now;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, Great job Ken!Dog.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
I have to wholeheartedly agree with everything that Ryan and Artie have stated in this thread. I cannot express to the rest of you how absolutely amazing these figures look in up-close and personal. While I was there, Ken walked over with me and said, "Look at the finished product..." and then he added, "No one has been over there to look at anything else..." (with a nod to the rest of Palisades' toys -- all of which are quite remarkable, I might add...)

It's funny, about an hour after I had made my purchases, my girlfriend and I were walking around, and she had a Dr. Teeth figure in her arms. As we passed one of the vendors, he said to her "Oh my gosh, are the Muppet figures out yet?" We explained that, yes, Palisades was selling a limited number of sets at the Convention. The man paused for a second and then said to his co-worker, "I'll be right back." And without another word, he took off for the Palisades booth. It was great!!!

I could go on and on for pages -- I heard nothing but positive buzz all day from vendors and attendees alike. Apparently, as suspected, these are going to be THE TOYS TO OWN this year!!

For those of you going to the two remaining days of the convention -- good luck. When I left a bit before 2 -- I had an appointment to go to -- there were still figures available. But if what Ryan says is true, they were all gone not long after that. Good luck!! If anyone else does get their hands on some, let everyone know what you think. I think I've rambled enough!!

Travis

kane31666

Reaction score
Did anyone take pictures of the painted Electric Mayhem Stage?

beaker

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanx for the con report! I was anticipating there would be a mad rush for the Palisades figures...it's no secret these are gonna be HUGE. Poor Playmates and their now semi unselling Simpson's line. You just know these are gonna be the clear winner amongst collectors instead of Episode Two figures.

Im just excited to see how big the public demand for these when they are released later this month. think of it folks, weve been calling for TMS figures for years(Ive been waiting two decades) and voila...what a GREAT start to the summer!)

///beaker///