Just Had To Share

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
This Is SOOOOO Funny, I Just Had To Share

I'm sitting here cracking up laughing, maybe it's because I'm tired, but listen to this....

I'm outside on my picnic bench applying contact cement to a puppet I'm building when the neighborhood stray cat comes to rub up against my legs as usual.....now, this cat does this daily, but it's so wary of people that if you bend down to touch it or talk directly to him he run n hides. So, the cat is rubbing up against my legs and on a whim decides to jump up on the table to check out the can of glue.

Before I could stop him he takes a quick whiff and apparently didn't like what he found because that cat did a back flip off that table faster than I could blink! It was really amzing how his body twisted in mid air like that! And he must have gotten a really good nose full of that smell because he rolled around on the ground kicking at his face with his back feet for a few seconds before he took off under the neighbors house!

I was in tears just laughing my head off. And I'm going "kitty! are you okay?" I could see him sitting there watching me under the house, but I couldn't get him to come back. Now the poor guy associates me with the brain frying scent of contact cement....... do you think he will ever come back? *laughing*

-Michele
PS: I am just so amazed at a cats ability to always land on his feet no matter what. :excited:

Jinx

Reaction score
Aw, poor kitty! I do wonder if he'll ever pay you another visit again! But as amusing as his antics may have been, it probably does serve as an illustration of how much smarter a cat can be than we are. At least he had the good sense to get away from it quickly, whereas we will just calmly sit glueing as gingerly as ever, with those lovely fumes wafting around us the entire time.

My last encounter with contact cement I thought "I'm only glueing three pieces together so I won't get out the mask". What a mistake that turneed out to be! That evening when I went to my quartet rehearsal, I could barely sing a note!

As Buck has pointed out time and again, IT'S NOT WORTH IT to work with this stuff without the proper safety precautions! Let's all take a cue from the cat and be wary of the fumes.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Jinx said:
Aw, poor kitty! I do wonder if he'll ever pay you another visit again! But as amusing as his antics may have been, it probably does serve as an illustration of how much smarter a cat can be than we are. At least he had the good sense to get away from it quickly, whereas we will just calmly sit glueing as gingerly as ever, with those lovely fumes wafting around us the entire time.

My last encounter with contact cement I thought "I'm only glueing three pieces together so I won't get out the mask". What a mistake that turneed out to be! That evening when I went to my quartet rehearsal, I could barely sing a note!

As Buck has pointed out time and again, IT'S NOT WORTH IT to work with this stuff without the proper safety precautions! Let's all take a cue from the cat and be wary of the fumes.
I work at a paper mill and contact cement fumes are nothing compared to that. Gives me a head ache though :zany:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Is lack of memory associated with the harmful effects of glue? Cause as I've been writing papers for school, recently I haven't been able to remember a few words of my vocabulary. It's either the glue's work, or lack of sleep.

I am definitely using a mask now.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
Is lack of memory associated with the harmful effects of glue? Cause as I've been writing papers for school, recently I haven't been able to remember a few words of my vocabulary. It's either the glue's work, or lack of sleep.

I am definitely using a mask now.
Yes but it gives your eyes that nice glassy look if you don't wear it.........

Disclaimer: Puppet_Builder assumes no responsibility for the actions of those who do not recognize sarcasm.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That is FUNN-EE!! HA!

BTW: Cats do NOT always land on their feet! Duct Tape their legs behind their back and drop them...but, have a medic on hand because they'll claw you up in the process.

(J/K)

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
That is FUNN-EE!! HA!

BTW: Cats do NOT always land on their feet! Duct Tape their legs behind their back and drop them...but, have a medic on hand because they'll claw you up in the process.

(J/K)
:concern: :eek:

My concern for the mental stability of SOME members on this forum has just increased by 90%. :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I suppose you're right. I have found myself sitting atop high places aiming at the crowds below with water pistols, water balloons, or spoonfuls of Cool Whip...