Just saw the Ghost of Faffner Hall

P

Philo and Gunge

Boober_Gorg said:
How much time were you allowed at the Museum? Not enough?

That reminds me: that was where I got my first taste of Faffner Hall, the good ol' MT&R. I saw the first episode there and found it amusing.
I take the train down to the city, I missed an eariler train and I came 2 hours after the Museum opened, there was a Jim Henson screening going on and I went to it, I came just before the guy went to burn the music sheet up. Then I saw Song Of The Cloud Forest, my first taste to JHH. I watched two JHH episodes later.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I found this write-up online on TGOFH:frown:I remember the show,vaguelly,teaching about music).

Ghost of Faffner Hall, The (1989)
Another passionate interest of Jim Henson was the power of music. This is reflected in The Ghost of Faffner Hall--a thirteen-part series made in England for Tyne Tees Television and HBO in 1989, produced by Jocelyn Stevenson.
Each episode of Faffner Hall combines puppet elements with location segments featuring major musicians from a variety of fields, from jazz to pop to classical. The puppet segments are set in Faffner Hall, a stately Victorian pile built as a monument to music by the eccentric Fughetta Faffner. When her great-great-grandnephew Farkas, a music hater, inherits the house, Fughetta's ghost is forced to work overtime to defeat his philistine plans for the building. In this she is aided by various Muppet allies as well as the musical guest stars.

Faffner Hall encouraged children to appreciate all the different kinds of music around them and to value their experiences as listeners as well as performers. Its musical curericulum was developed in consultation with Professor John Paynter, head of music at the University of York, and Canadian composer R. Murray Schaefer, and it featured musical guest stars from Dizzy Gillespie to the Scottish Chamber Orchestra to Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

Luke

Reaction score
For anyone "in the know" is Faffner included in the HIT deal? I thought it would be included in the family brand but seems to be no mention of it.