Kathy Mullen & Choreography

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Hey all!

I was just kinda wondering something...

Seeing as Mokey Fraggle was a pantomime puppet ("live-hand" puppet), and that Kathy did her head and left (right?) hand, I just found it quite amazing that she could create all of this elaborate choreography (e.g. for "Ragtime Queen" and the numerous upbeat dance numbers) for Mokey, and then find some way where she wasn't dragging her poor assistant on the other arm around with the motions - but having everything flow smoothly. It's amazing to look at her numbers and realise how tough it must've been to choreograph such manoeuvres for Fraggle. Anyone agree? Byron, I know you do...hee hee.

Any insight into how this choreography was accomplished aside from the obviously large amount of practising? Getting pulled along doesn't seem fun (LOL) ...ha ha! Well, that's my piece...

>Adam

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't often think about that, simply because the Muppeteers are SO talented that ya don't sit there 'n think "huh..somebody's underneath there operatin' 'em".

But you are right, Kathy (and "Assistant Kathy", heehee...can't remember her name) were superb in their movement together, and Kathy in her flowing, liquid movement. Even in her acting and dialogue she had this "choreagraphical aura" about her! :flirt:

Wonderful, wonderful talent...

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
True...it makes you think with the motion whether or not these people have developed a third hand...in one sense, they do have that third hand (thank-you's to those assistants!), but man...is that teamwork SMASHING! I'm in awe watching it - and probably still will be for a long time!

>Adam

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
You have to think, Over half the Muppets are live hand Puppets tho. And all need two Puppeteers!