Kenneth Taylor

Ziffel

Reaction score
I just read that Kenneth Taylor died today at 88. He is special to me because he was the translator of The Living Bible - Paraphrased (1971). It was the first Bible I ever had (my parents got it for me one Christmas). It was a great help in getting me to both understand the Bible (since it is in easy to understand and modern language) and to increase my desire to read the Scriptures. As an adult, I still use it to help shed light and insight on difficult to understand verses. In 1991 I purchased the autobiography of Ken Taylor ("My life-a guided tour"). He seems like a very kind man. I thank God for how He used this man's life. God bless you, Ken. I'm sure you're enjoying your first few hours in Heaven! :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well, I'll bet he's glad to be in Heaven now. I know I can't wait to go.

Ziffel

Reaction score
:smile: Me too. Brings to mind a joke I heard once. This guy loved to play golf and he was hoping that there was golf in Heaven so he'd get to play golf for all eternity. He went to a fortune teller and asked her if she could look in the crystal ball and tell him if there is golf in Heaven. She told him, "I have some good news and some bad news." He said, "Tell me the good news first." She says, "There is indeed golf in Heaven." He says, "Great! Now, what's the bad news?" She says, "You tee off tomorrow morning at 8am."
The funny thing is, to some that would also be considered good news, depending on how eager they are to get to Heaven.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty funny. To me that would be very good news. But, of course, some people love life a little too much.