Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

lady piggy

Reaction score
What a beautiful chapter. I honestly expected piggy to go hog wild or something.
:mad:WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Um i mean i thought piggy was gonna think kermit got the wondering eye or something and get very VERY MAD. But thankfully she new it was all a big misunderstanding .But its the conversation they had on the phone, its sooo romantic.
There giggling and teasing AND the Drowning in passion . I was awwwing the whole time And when they counted 1,2,3 and said good bye It kinda broke my heart, because there far away from eachother instead of in eachothers arms. But i know there paths will eventually meet , and boy what a chapter that'll be. Wonderful, beautiful, dramatic
Loving is what i cans say about this chapter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Crawls back up from the massive task of correcting the latest chapter. *Ungh! *Collapses back under.
UD: I come not to bury him, but to praise him who walketh before us. And I doth my cap to Dame Ru for a most hexcellent Mupdate to her brava novella.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Oh! (indignant huff!) What "massive task" would that be? Other than the missing line or two from Bunsen and Beaker, this last chapter was in pretty good shape!

Okay, I'll grant you "noone" instead of "no one" but that's really a matter of style, not correctness. See the follow from The Grammarist website:
No one vs. noone (vs. no-one)

While phrases like no body, some body, and some one have evolved into the compound words nobody, somebody, and someone, the similar phrase no one has never gone this route. A quick internet search reveals that noone is surprisingly common, but the two-word form and the hyphenated form (no-one) remain far more common in books and in edited publications.

The following ALSO from The Grammarist website:

Gantlet was the original spelling of the word referring to a form of punishment in which people armed with sticks or other weapons arrange themselves in two lines and beat a person forced to run between them. It came from the earlier English word gantlope, which in turn comes from the Swedish gatlopp.1 Gauntlet is an alternative spelling of gantlet, but it also has several definitions of its own, mostly related to gloves.

Ed, darling, I am indebted to you over and over again for many editorial fixes when my brain runs ahead of my typing fingers. Like Miss Piggy, I admit to being high-maintenance at times, although arguably worth the bother, but this time I think I'm mostly innocent....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh? What about all the missing " and "'s at the start and end of each little line for eight out of the ten segments? Plus running a tab from the clean copy I store to the posted version to touch up any little typo hobgoblins that slipped past the er, dragon at the gate.

But despite this, you know I love getting a new chunky chapter of your fic and going through it. :smile:
UD, *poking his snout in: Do you think the craisin muffins will molify Dame Ru's peak?
:batty: Couldn't hurt.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah. Send the muffins. I'll drown my ire in carbs....

(But just so you know--MY version HAS the quotes in it correctly--both the single quotes and the double quote marks. It's when I copy and paste it into MC that the they disappear.)

Also, it's pique, although it's been suggesting that I have a rather pointy head at times....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... That's why I have to retype them along with adjusting line and sentence spacing in the clean copy for each segment, which is what takes a good hour or three.

*Junie delivers the muffins over to Apt 5 with a jar of honey caramel pecans as a birthday present for :embarrassed:.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Awwww. I appreciate you, Sweetie. And I hope the readers appreciate you making everything purty for them.

Now--I'm going to EAT my muffin and stop "muffining."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: What movie is Catwomen from Mars? Tried searching for it but didn't get any good results.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I was sort of taking liberties with Cat-Women from the Moon, a gloriously awful movie from 1953. You can see the video trailer on Amazon.

On the Carol Burnett Show, there was an episode of "Mama's Family" in which Madeline Kahn shows up as the star in the local theater production of "Mary, Queen of Scotland." Eunice is supposed to play the maid. Madeline's character is obviously an actress whose best work was B-movie quality, at best, and--when questioned about what movie(s) she has appeared in, she says, Cat-Women on Mars.

From Cat-Women from the Moon to Cat-Women on Mars to Cat-Women from Mars was one small step for me, but one giant leap of my imagination. I rather like the idea of Piggy and Madeline Kahn (and Carol Burnett for that matter) all prancing around in leotards and saying the kind of cringe-worthy lines women usually got in all those old Sci-Fi B-movies, don't you?

Also, in Chapter 86, Jimmy teases Piggy about another movie she made, Amazon Women from--(and here the author wisely does not specify). I assume that THAT was the in the same vein as as Cat-Women from Mars.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I see now that I should have hyphenated Cat-Women instead of writing it as one word. Meowa Culpa.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Aunt Ru. At least those old B-movies can't be any worse than what Piggy's nephews came up with based on one of those hard things which is soft inside, a pizza; for the sketch with Heather Locklear.

Amazon Women from? If you want something that's rully awful/schlocky I suggest Cannibal Women and The Avocado Jungle of Doom with Bill Mahrr (the comedian) from the 80's nitch period. An equally bizarre 80's movie starring Bill Mahrr is Pizza Man and I don't expect anyone else here to have seen that. If you have, then you earn my respect.