kermit and piggy question

zoebell

Reaction score
when do you guys think they actually got together? their "real" selves i mean, aside from the movies

i think it happened sometime in the early eighties, because at some point in their press appearances kermit stopped being in total denial and kind of gave in about it, not being married but basically together

and i think the earliest, most concrete "canon" evidence onscreen that he had feelings for her was the 1982 fantastic miss piggy show, where he's jealous and then literally starts glowing when she sings to him (unless there was some stuff on TMS that i can't remember, but i don't think he ever reciprocated on that)

but after that special there was MTM and then the occasional appearances where they are more or less together now. like when he hosted nightline and it's casually mentioned that he and piggy live together, etc. so what do you think? did something happen on the set of MTM, maybe? lol

i think somebody should ask them this question, to see what they come up with. because i think really devoted fans would notice that they were actually not a couple during TMS but afterwards did seem to become one at some point, in the canon universe as well as the onscreen one