Kermit, his collar and the other frogs

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Kemits collar

:smile:
Pug Lover said:
Did you ever notice how Kermit is the only frog to ever have a collar around his neck?Not to mention the design of his eyes.Every other frog muppet we see,including Kermit's little nephew Robin,has a bare neck and round eyes.Kermit is unique in that way! :smile:
:smile: When Jim Henson first built him in 1956 for Sam and Friends he had no collar. Then before Sesame Street Jim added the collar which gave him a better look. :smile:

Check out a new yahoo group today
themuppetshowmemories@yahoogroups.com
relive the magic.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
"And that's why I have this funny collar!"

lol, that's from It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie when Kermit was talking to Carson Daly. I thought that was a pretty good line.
Yeah. I wish they would have shown him give the whole story. We'd all like to know.

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
In the late 60's-early 70's, didn't he have a weird sort of "double collar" thing going on as opposed to his current look?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I think I've seen pictures of that somewhere, I don't quite remember where.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Yes!I remember him having two collars around his neck in earlier episodes of Sesame Street.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He did have 2 collars at one time, but took one off eventually because he felt that he was over-dressing.

Reaction score
Without the collar, I think Kermit is the same person. I think the collar represented that he was an outgoing person and it showed a sign of leadership. In the early years b4 he had the color and webbed feet, he was still a very popular muppet esp. towards the monsters who wanted to eat him so bad hehehehe. U can see Kermit without his color in the Muppet Movie. It's the scene when his froggy brains were about to be fried till Piggy came and saved his butt. Right b4 the screen starts to act funny, u see Kermit look at the camera after piggy leaves him and u see him collar less. Sometimes on Sesame Street, Kermit had a dark green and a light green collar on at once.