Kermit in the Macy's Parade!!!!

Grover2001

Reaction score
Re: Re: Kermit in the Macy's Parade!!!!

Originally posted by Struble
Since when did Uncle Pennybags become "Mr. Monopoly?"

Sh.
I don't know if Parker Brothers started it but I see it more often lately. I don't think the general populus knew he had a name.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
FINALLY!!!! A new balloon in the parade that is not a bloody advertising gimic or a corny children's educational show.

Uhhh...you dont' think this is an advertising gimmick? in case you didn't know, the Muppets DO have a new line of figurines for sale and there's a TV Christmas movie coming up. That's why the balloon's in the parade. Shill, shill, shill. :wink:

Treelo

Reaction score
More Insider News -

Look for a really cool float from Sesame this year. Instead of the ususal cast of US Muppets, they are going to have many of the international characters represented.

At this point, the plan is to also include FOUR of the Big Bird size international Muppets, too. It should be very, very cool.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Come on, I like Pikachu just as much as Kermit. In fact, I'm wearing Pikachu slippers now.:big_grin:

I would like to see Jigglypuff the naughty little balloon added sometime and for the Bart Simpson Balloon to return.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: More Insider News -

Originally posted by Treelo
Look for a really cool float from Sesame this year. Instead of the ususal cast of US Muppets, they are going to have many of the international characters represented.

At this point, the plan is to also include FOUR of the Big Bird size international Muppets, too. It should be very, very cool.
Cool, but me not know if Cookie Monster there. That is only thing wrong with it. WIll Macy's have HIV Kami in parade? Me just want know!

bigbirdfan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Does anyone remember the year that they had the odd, eastern European cartoon Bull Balloon Float? WHAT THE %^$# WAS THAT?!?!?! Not only do we not have any funny cartoon characters from America, we have globally unfunny characters now!

I mean, do we REALLY need to see more of Dragontales and Barney the Dinosaur? I hope they pop like an overripe zit!

Hope Kermit, however, gets a nice long stay forever and ever, along with a Fozzie Balloon and maybe a Fraggle Float!

Course, I'd like to see a Bear Balloon (or Float) in place of Barney the Hasbeen!

Yea you hate Barney the devil too!?!?!GREAT!!!:excited:

bigbirdfan

Reaction score
LadyHyde said:
Come on, I like Pikachu just as much as Kermit. In fact, I'm wearing Pikachu slippers now.:big_grin:

I would like to see Jigglypuff the naughty little balloon added sometime and for the Bart Simpson Balloon to return.

Bring back Bart!Bring back Bart!Bring back Bart!!!!!

Whatever

Reaction score
Smig said:
Actually, for a couple years there WAS a Fraggle Float. It was a humongous version of the cave set, with actual fraggles popping in and out, even a couple on a seesaw. The float centerpiece was a GIGANTIC animatronic Junior Gorg, bobing his head, opening/closing his eyes, and waving his club around.

Anyone know of any pics?

Smig
There's a link with a video of it somewhere, try searching the forum. There's a Kermit balloon every year as far as I'm aware. This is an old thread.