Kermit Leaning Fix

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hmm, i tried it and kermit was perfect again, but when i came home from work kermit got lazy again, perhaps i did it too many times? I do push his feetand legs closer together so he does look like he's standing ok, just not straight up. maybe i am putting his legs in the wrong place? Or bolied them too much? One leg is harder and stronger then the other.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeeek!

I don't think boiling is the answer. Kermit's poor little froggy legs.

To be honest, I had trouble in the beginning. When we first unwrap these suckers out of the packaging we smell the fresh fumes. Everything is still new and soft. It takes a while to ferment/harden. You also have to keep these figures in a good temperature. A hot room is not the place for this type of plastic.

My fix:

After a few weeks, gently bend each leg back and tie or rubber band them individually. Leave it like this overnight then untie them and let them stretch back into place. You will note that they are too far backward now. Mold them back into the appropriate place and let him stand (or put him in the fridge) for an hour or so. Leave him alone for a couple days and he'll stay like that. No cutting, no boiling, no crossed flippers. In essence, you are just bending his feet back into place. My sturdy tux Kermit has more problems than standard Kermit.:smile: :smile:

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
That would work too. But with boiling Kermit's legs, it is quicker and easier, in my opinion. Also, if for whatever reason you wanted to put his legs back to weird position, you can do so by boiling him again. And this way you don't have to bend him so much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just seems like a long (and potentially dangerous) way to go for the same result without warping the figure. I'm sure it works, but most of the boiling reports I've heard have been less than satisfactory. I think it has to do with the fact that it softens the already soft legs when they only need to be correctly positioned and hardened. I was reluctant to bend the legs at first, but they really are quite soft. Just don't see how loosening them up even more will help, but I'm glad it works for some. The ties are a less drastic approach.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! i think i'm frying my frog! I have a large spotlight that shines on my figures, i don't have it on that offen but i bet thats the trick! it does shine on kermit the most! They are all in a wooden cabnet with glass sheves and door. yeah at one point i used the twist ties that come with the figures and i made a brace for kemit and bent the twist ties around each leg then togther and put the rest of the twist tie under the stand. it kept kermit up pretty good, and i would keep it on for like 3 weeks and he would stay for up like 5 or 6 days, so i guess i had the right idea i just needed to do a little more.

He does have a pretty good stand, i mean he doesn't look droppy or about to fall over or anything, he does have a normal feel to him, so maybe i should just leave him alone, but Thanks for the tips!