Kermit Missing!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here...

I drove past the Henson Studios in Hollywood today and the Kermit "Charlie Chaplin" statue is gone! I don't know if he's just out for repairs or if it's permanent. If it's the latter, it's too bad. I wonder if Disney finally made them take it down.

They did have a banner for "Puppet Up!" prominently displayed.

:stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here...

I drove past the Henson Studios in Hollywood today and the Kermit "Charlie Chaplin" statue is gone! I don't know if he's just out for repairs or if it's permanent. If it's the latter, it's too bad. I wonder if Disney finally made them take it down.

They did have a banner for "Puppet Up!" prominently displayed.

:stick_out_tongue:
I remember reading somewhere that it's just down for cleaning... I think it was posted on Tough Pigs, but not sure. I certainly hope so.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... The Kermit Charlie Chaplin statue has simply been removed for washing and cleaning. It was reported so various places just recently. No worries, we'll hear from the Henson.com podcast when it's been restored to its rightful place. :attitude:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
wow glad it was only being cleaned! I used to go there and sit across the street and eat my lunch or draw when I'd get a bit down and think of Jim and all his wonderful work and it would pick me right back up.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! You know for a second there I though that the master puppet was missing or something. Anyway... Very relived to now that it was a false alarm.