Kermit on American Idol

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Maybe because it's the truth? Or maybe it's just because he's Beau.
:crazy:

That's okay Beau. Sometimes you just need to: do do do do do that.
:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kermit on American Idol....

You could put Weird Al Yankovic, Bullwinkle J Moose, Kid Muscle, and the Nerima Daikon Brothers on that thing and I still wouldn't watch.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Oh yeah, because Steve woke up one morning and said, "I know! Today I'll go on American Idol with kermit just to make people flip out." Um...nooo. Let's think who might have made the decisions for him to appear there? *taps head* Hmmm...who could that have been...Steve? I think not.

Forgive that little outburst. *ahem* I am much better for it now.
YEAH BEAU! That made me happy as I was just about to get a little angry...

Steve has as much say about where Kermit shows up as *I* do. Really. You have to remember that Disney doesn't see Kermit = Steve, they see Kermit = theirs and since we have to get a performer we might as well hire the guy who's been playing him for awhile, but he's not our only option. That's how Disney sees Kermit. If you have problems with Steve's Kermit that's fine, I'm not going to force you to like it, but WHERE he performs him and the CONTENT of that performance? Little to do with Steve. That's Disney and the AI/Disney/whatever writers there.

And better the Muppets appearing on AI than, IDK, The Real Wedding Crashers or something like that, right?! AI's a hit show; publicity is publicity.

If I have any prob with the appearance, it's why is Kermit's head shaped more like a diamond than I've ever seen if before? Any one else notice that?

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Well, they did this last year too. They always do Ford "videos," and Kermit was promoting the Ford Escape hybrid last year. I was surprised to see him again this year, but glad nonetheless.

:smile:

Now, if only they could get him on as a mentor or guest judge!
I agree. It would be great if Kermit would appear on American Idol as a guest judge.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It'd be cool if Kermit was on as a guest judge and if they were able to have the contestants sing Muppet songs. Wouldn't it be just gravy if they were singing EM Band tunes?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno, I think that they were trying to do that with America's Next Top Muppet, but I think that if they actually WERE Idol judges, do you think that anybody would've taken em seriously? I, honestly, think that they could've been judges on AI's charity night like the Simpsons were.

Daniel