Kermit too nice....

Salmoto

Reaction score
Is it me or has Kermit become too moral and preachy over the past few years? It always seems that when he's not panicking or grimmacing over the antics of others he spouts something like "You know what you are, distinct." and "It's always good to be with your friends at times like this."

Natalie

Reaction score
Don't we need a nice muppet to bring us back to reality once in a while? All the other muppets are so weird and crazy, I think it's good when Kermit says nice things like that. But, that's just my opinion :smile: .

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
He does seem a little too nice, but hey, what else are the Muppets for!

- Billy :cool:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Well i think that if you look all muppets define a diffrent emotion and characteristic like grouch grouchy mean at times.Elmo gullable nice funny.Miss piggy the beutiful time everything perfect.

You know all of these.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
He has gotten kind of soft around the edges. I think there's one thing the Muppet writers have been forgetting in regards to Kermit: he has faults!. Here are some examples:

He loses his temper all too frequently, at Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, etc.

He can dish it out but can't take it. In the Ethel Merman episode, he makes a lot of short jokes about Fozzie's tiny agent, Irving Bizarre. When Irving makes a frog-warts joke, Kermit yells at him to get out.

Kermit has an ego, AND is presumptuous. Whenever a guest star talks about their "favorite Muppet" or "the most important Muppet", he AUTOMATICALLY assumes they're talking about him. The Teresa Brewer, Jean Stapleton, and Marty Feldman episodes are all examples. Other Muppets know about his ego as well- in the Sylvester Stallone episode, Scooter KNOWS that Kermit will let the groupies (Sly's groupies) stay in the theater if he thinks they're there to see HIM!

Also in the early days he was flirtatious- Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens were both in a manner of speaking hit on by The Frog. Juliet was cajoled into kissing him, twice, and he said to Connie "At last we're alone."

Nowadays, he comes on too fault-less, more like Mickey Mouse than Kermit the Frog. The fact that Kermit isn't perfect is one of the great things about him, and it's an element that has been left in the dust for a while now.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
He loses his temper all too frequently, at Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, etc.
Can you really blame him?

Ernie101

Reaction score
nah kermy is supposed to be nice read what i wrote

Joggy

Reaction score
He did lose some of his ego indeed ("I do not really see myself as a star" - yeah right, with six movies and four TV series), and you could say he can be a little too nice (especially in interviews) but I think he has become a bit impatient too, less laid back. It seems like he's become a frog of the hectic 90's/2000's stress and he has absolutely NO time to relax at all.

... geez I'm analysing the personality of a frog... that's something we only do here...

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
He did lose some of his ego indeed ("I do not really see myself as a star" - yeah right, with six movies and four TV series), and you could say he can be a little too nice (especially in interviews) but I think he has become a bit impatient too, less laid back. It seems like he's become a frog of the hectic 90's/2000's stress and he has absolutely NO time to relax at all.

... geez I'm analysing the personality of a frog... that's something we only do here...
Good assessment O inclore one!

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well what I miss most is that he used to be a little insecure, mostly around Piggy, but there were some sweeter moments, like in the 30th anniversary special when he tells Robin his favorite muppet moments were the ones where they weren't trying to be so funny, and in the Muppets at Walt Disney World where he sits on a bench telling some person (not sure who) that he was dissapointed they went to WDW instead of staing for his frog family reunion. There's also a deep sense of pride in his roots, once again while he was on the bench at WDW he described his uncle who "thought life was as easy as falling off a log" then fell off a log and "Croaked." These aspects of Kermit I haven't seen in a while, and it would have been nice ot see him in some recent muppet projects grimmacin and discussing his family (So long as he doesn't end up reciting KSY when he does it.)

And if you think he's not rude to the talk show hosts, you shoulda heard him dish it out to Jon Stewart, especially since Jon was pushing the issue of a new muppet TV show and making joes about putting frogs in jars.