Kermit version 2

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ok.. So youve seen my first attempt. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out but it was my first ever build and was kinda learning as i was going. I experimented with various methods of stitching and materials etc.

The areas i wernt happy with with the first attempt were-

Untidy stitching on the head (the most visable seams)

Size of the collar- the points were to long and it annoyed me that he only had 10 points! :smile:

Eyes- the first version had painted 30mm domes.. These looked to small and messy. I replaced these with 40mm ping pong balls.. And these just looked to big. Im now using 35mm domes and they look perfect!

Mouthplate flexibility- it just wasnt flexible enough! Im now using a plastic called super mica.

Arms were to long

So.. Here is the progress on my new version. Im using the same body so i stripped him down and started again using what i learnt first time round.. Im excited all over again now :smile:

Check the flickr link below for the new set or pics and let me have your feedback :smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Cheers Chris.. Loving your project by the way! :smile:

crazy chris

Reaction score
hahahah thanks so much ML!

Aint muppets fun!!! lol

cc

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yes they definatly are :smile:

Head new head and collar is on.. Really happy with this one and the 35mm dome eyes are awesome!

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Love how flexible the mouthplate is might have to try that on my next Kermit it's the main area I wasn't happy with on my last attempt.

Greg

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea that super mica really is awesome.. Really flexible and springs back to its shape every time :smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
After several changes, tantrums and shedding blood!!.. Yes BLOOD!! My final Kermit the Frog replica is finished..
Let me know what you think :smile:
Click the Flickr link in my sig...