Kermit, with ATTITUDE?!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with Frogboy.

Kermit and the Muppets have always done some bit of off-color humor. Floyd was always dissing the pig with fat jokes and such. Jim had Rowlf call Arsenio a "son of a..."

Like frogboy said, they're trying to keep Kermit alive. Lately, the "off-color" jokes and such have been what people want to see. And, Kermit's still considered as being childish to many people.

Anyway, I'm going to have to stop before I make a complete fool of myself.

:smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Bunk. Bunk, I say. It's not even making a mountain out of a molehill. It's like making a mountain out of several grains of sand. I think Steve's Kermit tempers the frog's historical persona with fresh modern influences to keep him a living breathing personality and not a bland corporate kiddy icon. The article is clever and cute, but I don't see much real substance to it. :smile:

Long live the quick-witted green frog. :wink:

(Hope this isn't your work, Kev, but I have to completely disagree with the article)
Here, here!

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I'd have to agree with Frogboy.

Kermit and the Muppets have always done some bit of off-color humor. Floyd was always dissing the pig with fat jokes and such. Jim had Rowlf call Arsenio a "son of a..."

Like frogboy said, they're trying to keep Kermit alive. Lately, the "off-color" jokes and such have been what people want to see. And, Kermit's still considered as being childish to many people.

Anyway, I'm going to have to stop before I make a complete fool of myself.

Here, here, again :wink:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
That would be awesome. Oscar would be the perfect character to go over the "edge." Too bad he's a preschool icon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think it would be funny to see Oscar really go off good on someone. Heck, if I had one...

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
i think the cast of sesame should be guest on snl. late enough that the little ones weren't watching so they could let it all hang out...

I must say though, Kermit aside, there were times in Muppets Tonight were the Muppets crossed some invisible line in my mind of where the off-color is allowed to begin. Do they have to be squeaky clean, no, its just that regardless of whether we or they want to be kids icons or not, they have a bit of a social responsibilty to at least make sure the jokes are enough to go over the heads of the youngins.....

But then again I am kinda biased being vaugely inside....

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'll second that, Muppetfreak. :smile: Roger Ebert once said, "A film is not what it's about. It's about how it's about it." In other words, I can deal with a Marx Bros. film where some innuendo is part of all the clever rapid-fire dialogue. I care much less for the hit-you-over-the-head obscene comedies of today. On the same note, the TMS Muppets may not be for preschoolers, and I expect the occasional subtle joke thrown in, but I wouldn't want Kermit to start adding four-letter words to his vocabulary just because it's fashionable. (Not that he has yet, but I think you get my point.)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
but I wouldn't want Kermit to start adding four-letter words to his vocabulary just because it's fashionable.
You mean like F words like Frog, or Fish? Or Flies---no, wait. That's a 5 letter word.

I don't think it's bad to push the envelope, just don't OPEN it!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Rowlf called Arsenio Hall a "son of a..." when he appeared on the Arsenio Hall show, I believe. It was followed by "no, no, no! It's a good thing coming from a dog" or something to that effect.

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

I don't think it's bad to push the envelope, just don't OPEN it!
Hehe! Amen, brother! :smile: