Kermit's 50th Anniversary World Tour

rtgentry

Reaction score
Kermits parade

Now the parade started about 230pm and Kermit came around the middle of the parade in a convertable. He was sitting on the back with (steve I assume) hidden under the seat or trunk. They were throwing out shirts, which I did not get. The bad thing about the parade was that they drove by really fast. Most people around us did not even notice it was him untill he was past us. There was no music or speaking from kermit , just waved as they zoomed by.
THen we went to the pep rally at the stadium. It was really hot and I felt sorry for steve that he was in this podium in the direct sun, with a foam puppet on him.
Kermit was kinda like a Mc for the pep rally. He had some funny jokes that most people did not get.
I did not go to the game that night, we were realllly tired and the kids had had enough. SO we left.
I think we were one of the only people from out of town, as I spoke to the towns people. They were expecting ALOT more, I bet Disney was dissapointed.
I really liked the city hall presentation, but the rest was kinda dissapointing. Maybe I missed the really good stuff at the Football Game???
It was great to see kermit and even better to meet Steve, so it was worth the 7 hour drive and alot of money in gas.!
I have pics that I will post later this week.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I had heard they are running a story on monday, It may have been abc news.

What did it show?

rtgentry

Reaction score
Steve

Steve did actually say ... Wow you actually have this book!!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Awsome Randy. I can't wait to see the pictures. Bring them on!

Lynnette

Reaction score
Kermit in Houston

Dang it, dang it! I'm in Houston and just found out that Kermit was at Space Center Houston (NASA) Saturday after his trip to Kermit, Texas.

There is very little detailed publicity that I have been able to find about these travels, especially considering this is supposed to be some big Disney re-launch for the Muppets (per press releases). Even knowing that this was happening in October, it's hard to find info. I haven't seen anything on muppets.com but an announcement to follow Kermit's travels. I think the info on where these stops will be are so vague because they don't even know all the places they are going yet!

I saw news footage and info by google-ing kermit the frog texas (including 2 partial videos in Kermit, TX - an interview with Kermit and his greetings at a podium in town). In the interview, Kermit even said he didn't know all of the 50 stops he was making but that he was going to NASA in Houston next. So, I go to www.spacecenter.org and Kermit was one-day-only, Saturday, and I just missed it!!!!!

I'm so sad :cry: (<---see?)

Did anyone get to go? Please, please, let's hear the news!

-Lynnette

BEAR

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he will be in the Los Angeles area or thereabouts at all? Thanks.:smile: