Kermit's Christmas Capers coming this December

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I think it's definitely positive. Christmas specials are a competitive ordeal, and the fact that the Muppets can continually dominate the area is a great thing!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Seems like the Muppets are jumping pretty quickly into another TV-movie after just recently finishing "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz", but I guess that's a good thing. In any case, I don't think you can ever have too many Christmas movies, (coming from a Christmas movie and music lover! :smile: ) so I can't wait to see how the new one turns out. Though it does seem that the Muppets have done a lot of Christmas specials throughout the years. (i.e. Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, A Special Sesame Street Christmas, Elmo Saves Christmas, The Christmas Toy, Elmo's World: Happy Holidays, The Muppet Christmas Carol, It's a Very, Merry, Muppet Christmas Movie, The Great Santa Claus Switch, Christmas themed episodes of "Bear in the Big Blue House" and "Dinosaurs" and "Aliens in the Family" and "Fraggle Rock", and one of my favorites of all time has to be Muppet Family Christmas.) I'm sure there's still more I forgot. But like I said, I love Christmas movies anyway and I don't think you can ever have too many of them, so bring on Kermit's Christmas Capers!

One note on the title though- since it is Kermit's Christmas Capers (note the plural), I wonder if this means the special might be composed of separate Christmas vignettes with Kermit as the host- ala "Twice Upon a Christmas" (with Mickey Mouse). I'm sure it will be great however it turns out.
:big_grin:

And I hope classic and under-used Muppets can continue to make appearances.

unclematt

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper good to hear from you and I second everything he said

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Wow thats pretty fast if they aren't really sure how they are going to do it. Its almost the end of september. Does that give them enough time to write a script, rehearse, film, and finish all final edits before December? I'm sure they can do it, I just hope they don't slap something together to get it done. But i'm sure it will be really good though. But i'm pretty biased since I love all their productions. Well with maybe the exception of Muppet Classic Theatre. OH BOY!!!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
The more I think about it, though...the more I keep thinking 'why TV movie after TV movie....let's get a good script for an actual movie!!'

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
The more I think about it, though...the more I keep thinking 'why TV movie after TV movie....let's get a good script for an actual movie!!'
The last two big productions were television movies, but this will be a television special (which is diffrent in nature). There will be another special (Kermit's 50th) and a TV show (America's next Muppet). Maybe after all that Disney will have enough faith to invest in a theatrical film, until then they are working to build up exposure.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
congrats on a hundred posts, muppetsforlife!

About what GonzoLeaper said about never having too many Christmas movies, I don't think I could agree more. I mean, yes, it's nice to have a whole slew of secular stuff that I don't feel awkward discussing in my (Jewish) youth group. But on the other hand, there's just something special about Christmas... Heh, I have this strange feeling that I'm going to start having Christmas carols stuck in my head right about... now. Hey look, I'm right!

Anyways, it's AWESOME to see more new Muppet stuff. Is it "the holiday season" yet?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
The last two big productions were television movies, but this will be a television special (which is diffrent in nature). There will be another special (Kermit's 50th) and a TV show (America's next Muppet). Maybe after all that Disney will have enough faith to invest in a theatrical film, until then they are working to build up exposure.

I'd think that maybe a Movie but could also make a Direct to DVD Movie like Lilo/stich 2 Cinderella 2 lion king 2 and 1 1/2 and so on

not to forget Dumbo 2 and Bambi 2 coming out soon

Imagiane The Muppets Movie II: Revenge of the Swamp ( Or was that Swamp years LOL)

Beauregard

Reaction score
*makes a sick face*

No, not a sequel, never...eew!!!!