Kermit's Family

Beakerfan

Reaction score
My take on it is that usually, in older sitcoms & whatnot, the father was the one that made the major decisions considering the sons and that the father would give a harsher punishment than the mother. Also, I think that "your father" was the best script choice because it would allow the audience to understand who Kermit was talking about.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If he'd said, "Your Mother" people would have thought...."I thought Kermit was the Uncle not the Father...."

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Totally! I think that makes more sense than what I suggested.....

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Still, he could have said "I'll call your parents", and not specified which one. Then there would have been no confusion as to Kermit being the uncle, and it would have allowed Robin's mom to be Kermit's sister. Personally, I think Robin is Kermit's brother's son, and Muppet Babies is some random tangent of muppet history that doesn't exist. Er, that is, Muppet Babies exists, but not as a part of genuine muppet history... er... something like that. I'm confusing myself. Just ignore me for a bit...

DTF

Reaction score
Cool, was wondering aabout Robin's parents

Here's the thing, though - I agree w/"your father" causing less confusion and also it tying in with older sitcoms w/the dad generally being tougher. But, the thing i, we never see either of Robin's parents.

I suspect it's possible Robin's mother died. Kermit might actually take care of Robin quite a bit, which is why we see him there so often. It would explain why we never see eitehr parent.

Or, Robin's dad moved in with his brother-in-law, and his best friend also came to help raise Robin and a couple siblings...no, wait, that's FUll House :smile: (Besides, Kermit be3ing in show biz/comedy would be in the best friend role then.) But, I did have thaat idea as the episodes rolled on and we saw Robin more but never the parents, that Robin's mom was dead & Kermit helped raise him. Because tthat was sort of a staple of some sitcoms, a widower raising kids. ("Full House" was a rare one because they actually referred to the deceased mother and acted like she had once existed.)

No, I will not have time for a fanfic involving Robin's mother's death. Yes, you may steal the idea if you wish. :smile: