Kermit's Family

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I don't see how that dialogue confuses things, but... ok!
I've REALLY gotta see that episode... <sigh>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Think about it a little.
If Robin were the son of Kermit's sister, why would he threaten Robin into doing the musical number by calling the little frog's dad?
Wouldn't he have just threatened to call his sister?

And then, what if the reason of the threat is cause Robin's Kermit's nephew by means of this "father" who would be a brother to Kermit?
Just something for you guys to think about as it messes with your minds.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Think about it a little.
If Robin were the son of Kermit's sister, why would he threaten Robin into doing the musical number by calling the little frog's dad?
Wouldn't he have just threatened to call his sister?

And then, what if the reason of the threat is cause Robin's Kermit's nephew by means of this "father" who would be a brother to Kermit?
Just something for you guys to think about as it messes with your minds.
Hmmm....maybe Kermit has a good relationship with his brother in law (Robin's mom's husband) :confused:
Then again,"Muppet Babies" was made severl years after "TMS" & the company forgot the episode of "TMS" where Kermit threatened to call Robin's dad.
(just a thought...I'm brainstorming here)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good guess Kath. Let's just agree that within MB mythos, it is Kermit's sister who is Robin's mom.
Besides, MB was meant to stand on its own apart from the rest of the Muppets cannon anyway. And believe you me, you'd want those Muppet Babies to stand well apart from that cannon, especially should Crazy Harry or Gonzo find it and light the fuse.

However, as for one last bit of mind-messing... Remember the episode titled "The Incredible Shrinking Weirdo"?
Well, there was a scene there with grown-up Kermit in front of the theater's red curtains introducing Gonzo, and then we see Kermit (the real Kermit) talking to a cartoon Baby Gonzo dressed up in tux and trying to stand up on his eggbeater for his act.

unclematt

Reaction score
I highly doubt they cross referenced the two shows

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I for one go with the beleive that Kermit's Brother is Robin's Father, a veiw I hold in my fan-fic, "Robin's Story" : http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=20220

Although I do not know the true inentity of Robin's father, for the purposes of my story he is called Jimmy, both a reerence to Jim Henson, and a reference to Jim and Jane's split, since this story is about Robin's parents getting a divorse.

Bea:zany:{Yes, this is a shameless plug for my excellent, fantastic, brillient, adorable, cute, sad, sentimental, sad, yet happy, and totally muppitational Robin's Story)regard

Vic Romano

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
well according to an interview I read, kermit is one of 3,924 children. which would mean he has 3,923 brothers and sisters.
According to my encyclopedia; Frogs can lay as many as 4,000 eggs in frogspawn, but many of them may not make it to adulthood (or even hatch) due to predators. So I guess that interview could be relatively accurate.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...*cough*...that depends on your definition of accurate Vic....*snigger*

Bea:zany:{Well...it made me laugh anyway...}regard

minor muppetz

Reaction score
just because kermit threatened to tell robins father does not mean that his father is kermits brother. maybe robins father is tougher than his mother?