Kermits Job?

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I just finished watching MFS for who knows what number of times and I just now thought, "Kermit is saying he's on vacation. Vacation from what?"

So what exactly is Kermit's occupation?:confused:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He's the host of The Muppet Show. Practically runs the Muppet Theater.

What a great way to tie MFS in with IAVMMCM!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Basically, I think Kermit is the leader, he runs everything, and deals with all the penguins, chickens, rats, gophers, bears, fraggles, dogs, cats, prawns, old hecklers, grouches, monsters, whatevers, and Miss Piggy.

Saironi

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Basically, I think Kermit is the leader.
T. R. refers to him as their "leader" in the original theme song, he seems to be the character best identified with Jim, who is "leader" of the Muppeteers. Jim also compared his cast with their characters.

Though I often wonder, since Nigel was the host of the original pilot, was it suppose to mean it's been his idea or Kermit's to get all of those characters together?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The only reason Nigel was used (and, this post isn't with regards Muppet timeline, but the actual production of the show) was because Jim didn't really want to use Kermit, probably because he was now associated with Sesame Street and children's programming. It has also been brought out before, though, that Jim realized his mistake almost immediately after it was filmed in not using the Frog.

Now, for your actual question, I think Kermit got them all together, then went on a tour of Europe and left his friend, Bob Payne--- er, Nigel in charge of Sam and Fr--- er, rather, The Muppet Show. :wink:

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Well, I meant what was his job in the movie that he was taking a vacation from.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I just figured that's how you could tie it in with everything else. The house is where they all live, the Muppet Theater is where they all work.