Kermit's Lecture on Circles

matthewxel

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how :smile:'s lecture went on circles with 2 talking Muppet balls?

Also what did the balls look like and who performed them?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's one I remember really well. You can check the information I wrote on them at "The Complete Henson Database." About the performers, I think one was performed by Fran Brill. The other one sounded like Bunsen Honeydew, but I don't think they were the same performer since Dave Goelz didn't perform any Sesame characters around the time, so I'm not quite sure.

Ryan

Reaction score
One was performed by Frank, the other by Jim. Another performer (probably Fran or Jerry) performed it while Jim looped it.

Splurge

Reaction score
Ryan said:
One was performed by Frank, the other by Jim. Another performer (probably Fran or Jerry) performed it while Jim looped it.
Another possibility, if this was done in 1969 as it looks, that it was Caroll Spinney.

Splurge

Reaction score
I think it's worth mentioning that there are two different Kermit sketches involving two talking balls.

The first one was Kermit discussing things that were circles - because today's "groovy word" is round. There was a pink rubber ball played by Frank who kept telling corny jokes to Kermit. Then an angry looking basketball (as correctly noted, voiced by Jim) bounced in and scared Kermit away. A picture of those two is on "The Complete Henson Database".

The other one involved Kermit using two balls to demonstrate "same" and "different". It turned out these balls could talk, and one was played by Fran, and I think the other one was either Kevin or Marty in a relatively nasal sounding voice.

I hope this was helpful.

matthewxel

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! But didn't the pink rubber ball sound like :embarrassed: and the basketball sounding like :sympathy: ?

Also, what did the balls look like in the skit when Kermit talks about "same" and "different"?

And was this skit made in the 80's or the 90's?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here's some stuff to think about. From what I vaguely remember, the basketball sounded more like a rough Sinister Sam voice, and not Rowlf's. As for the two balls in the same and different sketch, the male one was voiced by Kevin Clash as Boober_Gorg informed me.
So, the question becomes, how should both groups of balls be listed? Should there be one entry for the Balls from the Same and Different sketch? And should the Basketball and Pink Rubber Ball be listed both as separate entries? Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.