Kids can be so cruel

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Kids can be so cruel. Seriously, I have just undergone what I hope will be the last of a lot of harrassment from a bunch of kids. You see, I have this friend Spencer, and I was in a band with him, in which I played drums. It was fairly fun, but he was very bossy, and I got tired of him treating me lke garbage, so I quit and made my own band. (Which I feel is better anyway) So, he just kept bothering me, and got all the kids at school to make fun of me, which was easy for him, because he is one of the popular kids. I used to actually be pretty popular, but after I quit everyone hated me. When I was "popular". the only time I was considered "a loser" to my peers was when I tried to be nice by hanging out with kids who got made fun of. Why the heck should someone be made fun of for that? Anyway, after I quit, I realized that the kids I thought were cool actually were not. I also realized the kids that everyone made fun of were actually alright people. One of the kids who everyone made fun of, Nate, has now turned out to be one of my best friends, and he is in the two bands I am in now. Of course, now that I was in a band with a "loser", I got teased much more. Saying that I turned down a cool band for a "gay" one. I have also got many harrassing e-mails that are pretty hurtful to read. I got one today, from a kid who plays bass in Spencer's band. Here it is:

email from a kid who used to be my friend said:
****** ur not going out wit elle so y is ur name (L)elle(L) ur such a loser and so is dan a nd nate ur ****ing wife and ur not going to make it to the warped tour and wed kick ur *** in battle of the bands

Peace Out Assmunch
Let me go over this:

"****** ur not going out wit elle"
Yes I am.
"so y is ur name (L)elle(L)"
Because we love eachother/
"ur such a loser and so is dan"
I don't think so...
"a nd nate ur ****ing wife"
No, Nate is my friend. And we don't spend half as much time as you and Spence do together.
"and ur not going to make it to the warped tour"
Did I ever say I was? Or that I wanted to?
"and wed kick ur *** in battle of the bands"
Perhaps...
"Peace Out Assmunch"
How polite.

I have never let this stuff get to me, and I will not in the future. I actually laugh at their attempts most of the time. What I am trying to get at is that so many people in the world are *****. And they are that way mostly because they want to be popular, they want to be cool. Let me tell you something, there is nothing cool about putting somebody down because of the way they look, or act. That is just something that they do, that's the way God made them. Have you ever looked at yourself and realized that you're not exactly a perfect person either? If you think about it, making fun of someone because of the way they look or act is almost being racist. I fear for you people as you move on in your lives.

One last comment before I rant - If being cool means making fun of others for own personal gain, I never in my life want to be cool. Don't raise yourself up by putting other people down. You make mesick.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Glad that you can realize how wrong these people are. If you ask me, the people who hang out with the "losers" (who are very rarely really losers, I think they actually tend to be a pretty cool bunch) deserve a round of appluase for not caring what other people think.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel your pain! I never was popular in school, and I was always the victim of harrasment.

luvtosr

Reaction score
Indeed, my populartity was pretty much, well...i didn't have any. I'm not, um, mainstream enough for the people I went to school with. 'S'funny now cos i pass them in town and soemtimes they even try talking to me. It seems only we 'losers' have managed to come up with any shred of individuality and ambition.

I got really picked on by one girl in class because I was in all the top groups which apparently made me stupid...There's no wonder she failed all her exams.

Good on you for sticking to your principles because you know what? Those 'loser' friends of yours will probably be the sort you can rely on throughout your life rather than the 'cool' kids who can only be relied upon for one thing - talking out of their backsides.

BEAR

Reaction score
No offense to you, of course, but they're 14 (or thereabouts). I am not surprised. I am glad to see you are the bigger more mature person. If you ask me, they are the "losers" for acting like that.

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I feel your pain! I never was popular in school, and I was always the victim of harrasment.
Yet another thing we have in common. I never was "a popular kid", inasmuch as I do not have any of the qualifications to be "a popular kid": namely, enjoying rap music; wearing pants that begin somewhere around your knees; freely telling who you 'like' (the word used); sharing dirty jokes; absolutely despising books and rebelling against teachers. Well, I'm sort of conservative in the way I do things, and there's about six or seven other guys like me in the class. So we hang out together, eat lunches in the same room (so do 'the popular kids', but they avoid us) and generally have fun together. Dylan, I see no need for people to be saying junk like that about you. And Bryan's right, the other guys (although they'd prefer "homeboys" by the way they speak) are indeed the losers. Continue to be yourself, and just ignore them. And good luck in the Battle of the Bands. :smile:

-TA

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Man, what a jerk! Listen up, man; and listen very carefully: You are in a band, guys in bands are always cool no matter what, and if this guy is that steamed about you leavin' his group, it means you were a really good player, so tell spazzer-pants to get over himself and learn to concentrate more on his studies seeing as if that's how he writes, the song writing career obviously isn't going to exactly take off anytime real soon.

Ernie101

Reaction score
All I can say is that when I was younger(in middle school) I lost a lot of sleep over this stuff. It's not worth it though.. Kids don't want to look weak, in order to do that they must be cruel. I would ignore it, and stay with your band and see what happens. People who have that kind of attitude don't deserve to get far anyway.. at least that's my opinion.

-Drake.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is a good reminder that there are still a lot of great people in the world. Oh, and thatnks, Vic! :smile:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Yes Kids Pick on the Best of Kids. Take it from me. Just stick with yor Real Friends. I hd a problem with kids picking on me, But It will get better. The Popular People Now will be the Ones Working at Burger King when They Get older, Like what Little Shop of Horrors Says:They say the meek shall inherit
You know the book doesn't lie
It's not a question of merit
It's not demand and supply
They say the meek gonna get it
And you a meek little guy
You know the meek are gonna get
What's comin' to 'em by and by
-Little Shop of Horrors