Knees

shtick

Reaction score
I've recently done some puppetry in an outdoor setting and found myself on my knees for most of the time to get a good shot of the puppet interacting with people. By the end of the day my thigh muscles were trembling with soreness.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it better to get one of those low to the floor rolling boards the Puppet Heap guys use?

wes

Reaction score
it's depending on what ground your on.

have you tried a stage thats tall enough for you to stand behind, instead of neeling?

What kind of surface do you work on, on average?

I try to sit when ever possible, thats not what i was taught, but as you age i think i helps to make yourself as comfortable as you can when preforming.

Teenager's

Reaction score
ANYTHING that keeps you from performing on your knees is worthwhile. Yes. You can build your own rolling boards, or purchase those rolling planting pot holders from a hardware store, and even stores like Target sells really cheap comfortable low to the ground rolling recliners that are really comfortable.

Just stay off your knees.

Personally I sit crossed legged a lot as well as lay down a lot. I usually lay down whenever possible.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I built a 6 foot stage so I dont have to ever get on my knees ouch

shtick

Reaction score
Well, I dont work behind a stage.

I found one of those collapsible step stools, that should work fine. Although one with wheels would be ideal.