Labyrinth B&W Publicity Photos

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Hi there... would love some experienced collector opinion here...:confused:

I've always been a HUGE Henson fan... main reason of course because of the unique, clever and entertaining style that is all things Henson... but also because My Dad was a toy buyer and then licencee for Henson product here in Australia and his passion for Henson just meant my passion became tenfold...

When I was a little girl (don't remember how old) my Dad brought me home publicity photo's from the movie Labyrinth. I remember how in awe of these photo's I was... and then when I saw the movie it made me love them even more because of how much I adored the film.

They're all black and white 8 x 10 glossy pictures... white borders with Tri Star logo in the bottom right corner. Each photo has a detailed caption about what appears in the photo.

Examples of some of photo's were Sarah running down the long maze corridor... Sarah and Jared at the ball, Hoggle, Sir Didymus, Ludo (plus more) but then my favourites are the behind the scenes shots. There's a few of Jim Henson and even George Lucus too! Of course these pics are very special to me... but I just wondered whether these are considered a good and rare collectable? I understand they would have produced alot of publicity kits for movies... but I wonder how many survive the years?

I also have a signed photograph of Jim with Junior the Gorg which again my Dad brought home for me from the states when he was lucky enough to meet Jim Henson. He came back with a Fraggle video too which is when my love affair with Fraggles began! Unfortunately... being the young girl I was I didn't exactly look after it as well as I could or should have! :cry: So it's not in mint condition!

But again... is this a good collectable? Obviously they'll always mean alot to me because of the memories but I'm intrigued to know where they stand in the Muppet Central Collectible ratings?

thanks to all...

Pepe for President! :rolleyes:

Laszlo

Reaction score
Hhhhmmm it looks like these are the photos from the presskit.
Can you make a photo of these (all together)? So I can tell you exactly.

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
They're at my parent's house but as soon as I get them I"ll take a photo and let you know ...

I'd say they would have been part of a press kit... I'll ask my Dad and see if he can remember too.

thanks heaps for your help... much appreciated.

Love the hoggle pic!

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Hhhhmmm it looks like these are the photos from the presskit.
Can you make a photo of these (all together)? So I can tell you exactly.
I just had a look at your website and all I can say is WOW and pick my chin up off the floor! You're stuff is amazing... you are very talented! And the fact that it's majority Labyrinth stuff makes me love it even more!

I noticed in your Labyrinth sculptures photo's that you have a photo on your desk that is the same as one of mine... The b&w one with Jim talking to Hoggle... so if they're the photo's from the press kit.. then yes they're the ones I've got.

I see your a Peter Jackson Fan too! My brother has loved him since the days of Bad Taste... collects alot of his stuff.. I've send him a link to your site cause I know he'd appreciate it too!

you should be working in movies!

thanks again.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the kind words!
Would be cool to do this professionally...