1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Labyrinth Collector's Edition DVD Box Set

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by sgtfloydpepper, Nov 27, 2003.

1. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

I cannot wait for this set to be released; it sounds awesome. And the cover art looks great! Not as great as the last VHS/DVD release, but still 100x better than the Dark Crystal box set cover.
  2. CarburetorJane

CarburetorJane New Member

It's so pretty! :) Yeah this will definatly be on my birthday wish list... Cuz I'm broke and job-less to get it when it comes out... Oh but if I get the job at the video store I might get a discount! Yay! :D The three hour cut would be something special. I suppose if it's not Lord Of The Rings or Harry Potter, they think people won't bother with it?
  3. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

4. leliebel

leliebel New Member

"mildly intense moments of peril"

I love that sentence :D

and...

"Muppet-populated endeavor, and as I watched Labyrinth with my 12-year-old daughter, Sammie, I found that her high level of enjoyment and fascination with the characters and surroundings (except when Bowie sang—I'm with you on that one, Sam)"

hey! :mad:
  5. GonzoGirl

GonzoGirl New Member

Thanx for the link, Buck Beaver! I can't wait to get my hands on this!! Even though I already have Labryinth on DVD, this boxed set is a must have. As is the Dark Crystal one, too.
    :excited::excited:
  6. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hey guys, you may want to look at this :concern:
  7. beaker&bunsen

beaker&bunsen New Member

Bounce Bounce

I am now doing a happy dance! Now I have to get that one and the Dark Crystal collector's edition! :)
  8. Myridian

Myridian New Member

Superbit

Does anyone know if superbit is really all that much better than the original? I don't own any superbit DVD's right now. I've got the original Labyrinth DVD & I'm trying to decide if the new one is worth the investment. Thanks ;)
  9. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

hey...box set? unbelivable!
    i got Labyrinth on DVD not to long ago, now there's a new one...sigh.
    how many versions of the same movie are we supposed to have?
    like we got 4 or 5 different versions of star wars, wow.
  10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

11. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Re: Superbit

Myridian,

First, it should be clarified that the new box set is NOT the superbit version. There have been 3 DVD releases of the movie--the original, the superbit, and this box set.

Superbit does apparently have heightened quality sound and picture, so you may want it if that's really, really important to you. As for myself, the picture and sound on the original DVD are great, so I see no need to upgrade just for that (and lose all the extra features).

Hope that helps.
  12. damaged

damaged New Member

Oi, $50 is a bit much for someone like me with no money... I guess it's begging time. :o