Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Mirrormask top sellers

wombat woman

Reaction score
Just an interesting factoid I came across today--

Deepdiscount.com has a lot of Sony DVDs (~500) on sale, and what's #1? Labyrinth! Dark Crystal is #5, and Mirrormask is #15. Pretty cool, I thought. :cool:

Bodes well to keep Sony interested in making movies with the Henson Company.

ta,
wombat

Laszlo

Reaction score
Good to know! I hope they'll do a LABYRINTH sequel movie one day ... but
please not a movie version of that crap manga.

karamazov80

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed with Mirrormask, though I don't fault the Henson crew for that. . .I guess that there were high expectations considering it was Neil Gaiman and a type of dream-world.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
re

Good to know! I hope they'll do a LABYRINTH sequel movie one day ... but
please not a movie version of that crap manga.
Its kind of like the Rock Band Kiss. The original members seperated because they couldnt stand each other. After 15 years they got back together... why? To quote Ace Freely, "there is too much money to be made"...

They'll get around to this eventually, its just smart business... just like the Fraggle and Crystal movie sequels are. If those two take off, Id expect a Labyrinth part 2 announcement before the end of the decade.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed with Mirrormask, though I don't fault the Henson crew for that. . .I guess that there were high expectations considering it was Neil Gaiman and a type of dream-world.
Mirrormask was amazing for what it was, a 4 million dollar "product lead" fantasy movie. I think they just wanted to expand their fantasy portfolio and have another flick to package with their two high selling movies. This was never going to win an Oscar. All the same, I loved it...